3 12" DD 9512H's vs DC Lvl 6 18

Participant count
  • Participant list

8thGenSI
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
I have done a ton of experimenting lately with different subs, amps, and boxes. I am currently running a single 18" lvl 6 18 M3 on 2 B2 Audio Zero.1's strapped in a 5.75 cube box net tuned to 34 hz. I like the way it sounds but I want more, I was thinking of buying a second lvl 6 but the concerns of needing more power and too much airspace become a factor.

My good buddy Jim is selling 3 DD 9512 H's and am seriously debating picking those up instead. The Benefit of running those is I think I have plenty of power on tap and I can also build a box small enough to allow me to recline my seat in my extended cab truck.

I listen to a ton of music including some with lows, I would like to still hit the lows as much as I can but want to get a wide bandwidth for the rock and metal. I know I would probably loose output with 3 12's vs 2 18's but how much I'm not sure. The cost of running the 2 18's could be much higher and I wouldn't be able to recline my seat at all, what do you guys think I should do?

I could, that option was thought of but the cost of another sub and then a new top half would be more then the 3 12 option. Also, if I ran 2 lvl 6's I would want another zero.1 to really make them shine. If I run a 3rd zero.1 I would need another alt and possibly more batteries. I am running a singer 320 amp alt with 2 diehard platinums under the hood and 5 deka 8a31's in the back.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

8thGenSI

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
8thGenSI
hollister,CA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date