Not open for further replies.

ciaonzo
5,000+ posts

TheContinental
WI
Item(s) for Sale:

D4 Audiomobile EVO-R 2312 (TC-9)

Item(s) Description/Condition:

Flawless, barely used with about ten hours on it. Very rare driver. Relatively efficient and my ear tells me this has a shorting ring. Loud, low and clean.

Thiele / Small Parameters

Frequency Response (+ 2 dB) 20 – 600 Hz.

Sensitivity SPL (2.83V/1m) 89 dB

Impedance (Nominal) 8 / 2 Ohm

Re VC (ohms) parallel / series 1.5 / 6.2

Continuous Power (RMS) 750 Watts

RMS amplifier ("Musicpower") 1,500 Watts

Minimum Power (RMS) 200 Watts

Resonant Frequency (Fs) 24 Hz.

Qms 3.2

Qes .39

Qts .35

Vas (Cu. ft./L) 2.0’ / 59 L

Maximum Excursion (Peak-to-Peak) 60 mm

'X-MAX' (Linear one-way ) 27 mm/ 1.06”

BL (Tesla / M) 22.1 TM

Sd / per LMS (Sq. In./ Sq. M) 77 / .050

Mmd 195 g

Voice Coil Diameter 3.0”

Driver Weight 32 lbs.

Price:

$250 shipped, CONUS.

Shipping and Miscellaneous Item Information:

CONUS only, please.

Item Pictures:

Please check out the link for pictures, from the sale of its twin. This driver is in the exact same condition but I will gladly post a dated pic of this driver for serious inquiries.

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/subwoofer-classifieds/565650-bnib-tc-sounds-audiomobile-evo-r-12-d4.html

You just won't find another one of these.

If you guys want additional pics, just let me know. I can get coil readings, whatever...

What kind of box do these like?
From absolutely tiny sealed, to medium vented, depending on power and intended use. I grabbed this snippet from the old site.
The EVO-R or "Type R" series of high-performance subwoofers were specifically developed to deliver stellar sound-quality ('SQ') plus true, "World-Class," High-Definition SPL ( HD SPL ) in the smallest enclosure possible, and do it at unprecedented price points.

Ideal for "forced-beta" small, sealed applications, the EVO-R is equally adept in VENTED, and or SPL "competition" type of ported box (often tuned above the recommended 30 Hz. for optimal Sound Quality) systems. In either application, the EVO-R will outperform virtually all other high-performance subs (due in part to their extremely powerful motors and lower Qts), costing upwards of twice as much.

In addition, at less then 7-inches of mounting depth (for the EVO-R 2312), the EVO-R drivers will often "fit" in applications, where other, more expensive, long-excursion subwoofers, simply will not work (as you need to add an additional inch of rear clearance behind the back-plate, to accommodate for the vent exhaust).

This means that for many applications, the EVO-R (and the MASS series as well) are often the only solution where one sub must move the air of "two," and do it in a an installation with limited depth.

Though the EVO-R has a similar linear-excursion envelope ("X-MAX") as the highly-regarded MASS series, it also has a slightly lower 'Q' and a much longer "overhung" VC motor, featuring 25% larger magnet structure. As a result of this more powerful motor, even SMALLER types of enclosures are possible, OR more potential SPL OUTPUT, with greater usable excursion.

In addition, to take advantage of the proliferation of the new generation of high- output, mono "Class D" amplifiers (and their inherent low-impedance capability), the EVO-R series subwoofers were designed to handle long-term power of well over 1,200 watts, into 2 ohm loads (or less) and still maintain excellent sound quality.

Doesn't need a ton of power, it will get impressively loud with very little. Increasing the enclosure volume would help a bit as well.

carolinas273_zps69d7e0ab.jpg

carolinas269_zps91002824.jpg

carolinas304_zpsf31ee77c.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...