help with 1st spl system

Me and my wife are going to compete. Im new to it. Im good at installs and box building.Starting to learn amp repairand sub reconing But have only installed basic systems for extra sound only. We got a 95 celica hatch that is my daily . I totaly gutted everything from the back of the front seats to the hatch. We built a 8 cube ported tuned at 29hz and loaded it with a 18d2 ssa xcon wired down to 1ohm. got a saz2500 on it big 3 and 1 batt for starting 2 agms in the rear floor pan. Im mid build so running stock alt now till my Iraggi 200amp comes in. It does ok but alt dosnt do much for me so i can only get a couple min of play befour im in low 12's for voltage. Im on a budget so im just trying to get good numbers. As far as sq Im just going with sum kicker amps i thank. My main focus and what I need help with is the bass...How can I get more out of it? It sounds good but Id like too get more output. I know getting my voltage up with a better alt will be my first step but im wondering if Im gona get what im looking for out of a single 18 sub setup with only 2500rms?? Any help on this would be GREAT! Im up for options. Diff sub, bad *** recone kit, Bigger amp or more batts? I dont expect to win any comps...its just for fun for the wife and I. But Id like to see hi 130's to 140's on a meeter. Maybe im dreaming i dont know. what do you guys thank?

Me and my wife are going to compete. Im new to it. Im good at installs and box building.Starting to learn amp repairand sub reconing But have only installed basic systems for extra sound only. We got a 95 celica hatch that is my daily . I totaly gutted everything from the back of the front seats to the hatch. We built a 8 cube ported tuned at 29hz and loaded it with a 18d2 ssa xcon wired down to 1ohm. got a saz2500 on it big 3 and 1 batt for starting 2 agms in the rear floor pan. Im mid build so running stock alt now till my Iraggi 200amp comes in. It does ok but alt dosnt do much for me so i can only get a couple min of play befour im in low 12's for voltage. Im on a budget so im just trying to get good numbers. As far as sq Im just going with sum kicker amps i thank. My main focus and what I need help with is the bass...How can I get more out of it? It sounds good but Id like too get more output. I know getting my voltage up with a better alt will be my first step but im wondering if Im gona get what im looking for out of a single 18 sub setup with only 2500rms?? Any help on this would be GREAT! Im up for options. Diff sub, bad *** recone kit, Bigger amp or more batts? I dont expect to win any comps...its just for fun for the wife and I. But Id like to see hi 130's to 140's on a meeter. Maybe im dreaming i dont know. what do you guys thank?
Well kit competitors on here. But I am , and I'm a judge as well What org ? You need a hairpin alt to instead of a conventional one So in your car 3. 10s forward firing 3^3 -4^3 rear external ports 6" x3 should get you pretty loud off 2500 watts Get the subs at. D.7 wire them down to .46 and you'll be loud upper 140s or low 150s put the panels back in to. In db drag. Panels out puts you in a upper class

@ 29 hertz

mid 30's I think is more realistic

tuning much higher will yield a chunky gain after that increases will be small jumps up with work

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.