ISPLL - New Competition Organization

TheJesus
10+ year member

International SPL League

ISPLLrounded.png

I was planning to delay this announcement just a little bit longer so that all the details could be perfected, but might as well get the word out there. This league will be based in FL for the first few months, we have four other "directors" currently that will run shows in Wisconsin, Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, and Louisiana (we have a few more applicants including international ones). The website is www.ispll.com and we have a forum for discussion related to ISPLL.

Here's a quick breakdown of the divisions of ISPLL:

Real SPL - Burp class that averages 3 burps that are separated 10Hz apart (i.e. 25, 35, 45). 1 ohm power rating + cone area based classing and 60Hz cap.

All Around SPL - 30 second music class that averages 3 rounds metered at the dash, headrest, and kick. 1 ohm power rating + build type based classing and 60Hz cap.

Gamble Run - "Bass Race" concept but at random targets (i.e. 135.6, 138.4, etc.). Cash prize based class.

Subsonic Suicide - 2 minute music class with a 32Hz frequency cap, bonus to score for each cycle below 32Hz.

Our shows will have a flat $10 entry fee per division at local level shows (up to judge, if they want to raise it to offer trophies, they may). We will have certificates for 2nd/3rd place and a medal for 1st. Memberships will be available at a later date with great incentives!

If you have any comments, questions, concerns, feel free to ask publicly or you may PM me directly.

Here's our promo video from the first show we had! As you can tell, we're just here to have fun and hang out with some different competition formats.

Last edited by a moderator:
You need to have them around Pittsburgh Pa. So i don't have to drive to different states. It would be awesome for people to be able win some cash to.

Lots of people have tried to start new organizations but they don’t last very long. The majority of competitors the United States are in Ohio. You can look that up by looking at the two largest organizations members list which are listed on their web sites. There are more competitors in Ohio than all the rest of the United States put together. So basically what you will be doing is starting a small local organization. Will it have a web site for members to see how they stack up against others? I hope it works out for you because what’s out their now is not working very well. DB drag makes up rules as they go and none of their judges know what the rules are. MECA has untrained judges who look like fools whenever an experienced competitor questions something.

You need to have them around Pittsburgh Pa. So i don't have to drive to different states. It would be awesome for people to be able win some cash to.
Let me know if you have a local judge that would be interested in hosting ISPLL shows. He can email me at judges@ispll.com. Actually, Gamble Run is 100% of the pot returned to the winner! First show had the winner walk away with $50.

And west TN.I got to drive 2+hrs either direction to find an event.
Same thing as above, if you have a local judge that would like to host it, have him email me at judges@ispll.com!

Lots of people have tried to start new organizations but they don’t last very long. The majority of competitors the United States are in Ohio. You can look that up by looking at the two largest organizations members list which are listed on their web sites. There are more competitors in Ohio than all the rest of the United States put together. So basically what you will be doing is starting a small local organization. Will it have a web site for members to see how they stack up against others? I hope it works out for you because what’s out their now is not working very well. DB drag makes up rules as they go and none of their judges know what the rules are. MECA has untrained judges who look like fools whenever an experienced competitor questions something.
Currently it is small and local, but I'm announcing it here as we're preparing for the expansion and looking for the judges in new areas. All the other orgs have dedicated pockets with little outliers here and there, we hope to have a strong presence everywhere. The website is already active and we have a "Leaderboard" in place. The forum will list all events and our judges will post all results from each event there for all to see.

Trust me, I know all about the other orgs, I've competed in the major four and I've seen flaws in each (I don't think mine is flawless, but I'm open to competitor suggestions unlike the others). We don't want to restrict people too much with a bunch of rules, but we also have to try and keep it fair (we had a huge issue with cone area disparity that was resolved). So far I am personally training all of the judges, the rest I will have to make an instructional video for unless they wish to travel.

i checked the site a few days ago, wheres the show in wisconsin? im excited.
I don't think they have a date set as it's pretty cold. As soon as it's set in stone it'll be on that subforum for Events. The judge is located in Appleton, so I'm willing to bet it will be in that general area.

How about a Mississippi based comp. I got to drive forever to go to one of these things.
The closest judge I have is Louisiana and I don't know how busy he'll be, so I'm looking for more judges in that area and Mississippi. If you know the local judge, have him send me an email at judges@ispll.com! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Lots of people have tried to start new organizations but they don’t last very long. The majority of ******* in the United States are in Ohio. You can look that up by looking at the two largest organizations members list which are listed on their web sites. There are more faqs in Ohio than all the rest of the United States put together. So basically what you will be doing is starting a small local organization. Will it have a web site for members to see how they stack up against others? I hope it works out for you because what’s out their now is not working very well. DB drag makes up rules as they go and none of their judges know what the rules are. MECA has untrained judges who look like fools whenever an experienced competitor questions something.
Fixed that for you

Good luck with the new org. always fun to have new creative formats to run

Our first 2X show will be at TDH Lockhart Memorial Show in Virginia April 19-20th! This is a chance for all you guys not in FL to try it out! Hope to see you all there!

Btw, this will be at the TDH Jeff Lockhart Memorial Show this weekend in Petersburg, VA!!! It will be a 2X event, $25 for Real SPL, All Around SPL, and Subsonic Suicide. Gamble Run is $10 (cash prize). Hope to see you guys there!

Missouri has a show in May, Tampa has one in May, Wisconsin might have one in May, and more to be announced!

Btw, this will be at the TDH Jeff Lockhart Memorial Show this weekend in Petersburg, VA!!! It will be a 2X event, $25 for Real SPL, All Around SPL, and Subsonic Suicide. Gamble Run is $10 (cash prize). Hope to see you guys there!
Missouri has a show in May, Tampa has one in May, Wisconsin might have one in May, and more to be announced!
where is the one in Missouri, i dont see anything on the events board.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.