Sign in to follow this  
llJohnnyll

Help with ported 15 inch box design (3g eclipse)

I decided i am going to build a box myself instead of buying a prefab. I own a 2001 Mitsubishi eclipse gt and the hatch is pretty small. First off i need a box design or is there a box building program i can use. the only one i know of is the RE box calculator.

My dimensions are 30in side to side, 16in depth, 15to16inch height(16 is pushing it), those measurements aren't max but something that would fit inside my hatch.

The sub that is going in there is a AB xfl1522 running off a PPI BK 1300. I heard that the xfl's like to get low so i want the box to be tuned pretty low like 28-30hz. if anyone else has a suggestion for tuning let me know.

winISD here's a full tutorial on how to design a basic box

09 Sienna Subs : Four Team Ascendant 18s......Sub amp: Two Taramps 15k

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS................................Mids/Highs amp: CT 500.2, ppi 600.2, ppi 900.4 bridged

Front stage: Two PWX 10s per door midbass only....... PRV 6MR500 midrange....... Massive CT 2 german tweeters.

320 amp Singer alt....... 1 group 34 under the hood 6 group31 agms in the back 560 amp hours total.

What should the diameter of the cutout be to mount the sub. Its a xfl 1522. Anyone?

@mylows10 ; should know?

2013 Ford Flex Ecoboost AWD “Turbo Fridge”

Shok Triton 15”

3.8 cubic feet tuned to 32

DC 1.2k

13.75 I believe

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

pioneer avhx 4800 dvd, ampere tfhe 9.0 and 150.4 with arc audio xxd 4080

4 d3100 and 3 deka 8a31 and d975 ,270 dc power and 320 amp singer alt

B2 ref mids,Cdt es6 mids cdt es 010 tweets x2 ,es 03 Mids x 2 mx1000 , sky high ,eb flex, and stinger hpm o gauge wires ,also 2 crossfire xsv2 18s in a 4th order no wall box

NOR CAL DB DRAG JUDGE

http://www.dcsoundlab.com

Just did a box in these. Keep your height as short as you can. I did 16 tall and you'll have to angle it to make it fit as well as remove the spare tire. If I had to do another one I think I'd keep it as shallow as possible and probably do sub up and port back using aero's to save space.. Probably around 14 inches tall, def no more than 15. Might end up going that way anyway if I can talk my friend into it. Right now it's sub up port up and angled to fire into the hatch, gets real loud from 40 and up, but I'm not too pleased below 35hz right now. It's only in 3.2 cubes tuned at 30, but it's a pretty low Q sub the response on paper is pretty good and I expected a bit more out of it down low in such a small car. Not saying for sure it's the box, just what I've picked up in my limited experience. He has a 2012. I think my response would have been more balanced had I did the sub up and port back, just making sure the box isn't tall and I have a good 6 inches of port clearance so that that it has room to breathe and get up and over the box.

Also the RE box calc works fine for a simple slot port, IME.

JL is for ballers. Theres a reason all the biggest rappers sing about JL, Zapco, Alpine..... and not Lightning audio or Pyle. It's all about the BALLER FACTOR.