in need of quality 6.5 componet set

Participant count
  • Participant list

des343
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
i just picked up and installed my new HU a Pioneer DEH-x8500bhs has 3 sets of 4-volt pre-outs

thing is i have my 4-channel amp i plan to use with is capable of 75 watts rms per channel at 4-ohms (so says birthsheet)

i need to find some QUALITY component set that will work well with the amp

thing is i ultimately need 2 sets and i am TRYING to be as cheap as possible but i dont want to go so cheap its crap though the cheaper the better!

I was thinking about the type s components but i feel there has to be something better for the price or perhaps and hopefully cheaper even?

Anyone has any idea what would be good for a cheap-as* like myself yet still sound fairly good?

how cheap ?
id PREFER 60-80 a set possibly could jump to 100 a set if the prices wouldnt change so i could get the 2nd set at a later time for close to the same price.

at this point i have NO speakers in the back doors when i got it they were blown and there is no power in the OEM speaker wires so instead of just running cheap 6.5s back to the deck with new wire and going through all of the hassel i have been waiting to get a HU that is capable of using my 4-channel and saving work, time and money now i FINALLY have the HU after a few months lol and im ready to get some damm speakers back there! I once already had the type s components and had them installed and the holes made in my pillers for the tweets...only to learn my HU was not capable of running a stereo amp properly which i then returned the speakers and the back end has been in shambles ever since.

but i need the tweets and mid bass to be able to somewhat keep up with my XFL's

or it looks as one is a component and the other is a 2-way which are the coaxes right? or whatever im slightly confused i think lol sorry

those look nice is that for 2 pairs? so basically 125 a set or just one? also how do you think they will perform at half their peak RMS?
they will be fine ,and thats for both sets ,its a package set

---------- Post added at 08:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 PM ----------

or it looks as one is a component and the other is a 2-way which are the coaxes right? or whatever im slightly confused i think lol sorry
yes a component set and a 2 way set ,all 6.6 to

they will be fine ,and thats for both sets ,its a package set 

---------- Post added at 08:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 PM ----------

yes a component set and a 2 way set ,all 6.6 to
do they consider the coaxis as the rear fill? because i had planed for 2 sets of actual components and i already have the holes cut in the back for such (but not the front yet) if i reversed them would is sound odd for any reason and given i am personally the driver i care more so for the front sounding good than the back lol of course i prefer overall sound i dont have much of an ear for SQ per say but i do want to notice the mid bass all the way around

do they consider the coaxis as the rear fill? because i had planed for 2 sets of actual components and i already have the holes cut in the back for such (but not the front yet) if i reversed them would is sound odd for any reason and given i am personally the driver i care more so for the front sounding good than the back lol of course i prefer overall sound i dont have much of an ear for SQ per say but i do want to notice the mid bass all the way around
install the components in the front doors , the 2 ways are for rear fill ,mine are ran off the deck power and the components off of an amp ,so i dont hear the rears hardly at all.but my passengers can when they sit in the back

I have JBL GTO608C for 65.00 shipped, less than 5mo.old

how are the mids on these? Quite honestly ive never once HEARD any mids since ive gotten into subwoofers and such (in my own vehicle) so this time i want to do it right but im the type of person its hard to convince myself to drop a lot of money into it seeing as how i have other things that are more important too. so its been a process

i thought about these months back i REALLY wanted them however i cant seem to make myself splurge on them much less get another matching set! :/

i got my HU for a good deal 169 and i almost cried at the register lol just the way i am im always looking for the ABSOLUTE best deal to i guess give myself an excuse?

install the components in the front doors , the 2 ways are for rear fill ,mine are ran off the deck power and the components off of an amp ,so i dont hear the rears hardly at all.but my passengers can when they sit in the back
thats what i thought i cant really go that route as like i said i already have holes in my back pillers and there is no filling them except with some tweets so its a little late to change that now //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif

thats what i thought i cant really go that route as like i said i already have holes in my back pillers and there is no filling them except with some tweets so its a little late to change that now //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif
well you can change it around if you like ,or add another set of tweets later in the rear

how are the mids on these? Quite honestly ive never once HEARD any mids since ive gotten into subwoofers and such (in my own vehicle) so this time i want to do it right but im the type of person its hard to convince myself to drop a lot of money into it seeing as how i have other things that are more important too. so its been a process
i thought about these months back i REALLY wanted them however i cant seem to make myself splurge on them much less get another matching set! :/

i got my HU for a good deal 169 and i almost cried at the register lol just the way i am im always looking for the ABSOLUTE best deal to i guess give myself an excuse?

they are pretty good, great sound they are loud, they are actually 2ohm though, but sound good, the tweets were to loud for me so i moved them to the rear and sounded great, but i ended up getting some CDT's instead

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.