What the hell BB&t?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Knowmadic
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
So I'm a high school student and have my own checking account (big deal, I know) and had about $850 stashed in there. Today after school I went to fill up my gas at 7-11 and it said card declined. I thought it might have just been an error so I tried again, no go. I then checked my BB&T account balance, -4,135.06. Immediately I was like what the ****. So I pull my car over to a parking space and call BB&T the lady told me there was a hold on my money and then transferred my call to the one who placed it. That person told me to "**** off and talk to BB&T". I called BB&T back and they told me that I needed to talk to that person to find out what it was for, After getting pretty pissed off getting the run around I told them I refused to talk to that guy again and they needed to figure out why my account got slammed 5 grand. They told me "We are sincerely sorry but this is between you and the individual who placed the hold on the account, please try working out an agreement with them, is there anything else we can help you with today?" So what the hell am I supposed to do now? BB&T pretty much just said "**** you" and The person won't even talk to me...

It's official though, BB&T is the shittiest bank you can choose.

Keep going up the chain of command, ask to talk to a manager.. The bank has to be the one to disclose whats happening at least up to what they know. If you have to have them file it as a fraudulent charge on your account.

that is messed up there call bb&t asap because that happened to me also but bb&t put a hold on everything checking saving and debit cards and I got my funds back and had to change all accounts and debit cards

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.