New to the audio game

Twilight213

Hello I'm a noob to the car audio game. I've been looking around figuring stuff out as I go but it's still a bit overwhelming. So many amps and speakers and subs and yeah. I couldn't find a forum for help on this subject so I thought I might here.

I'm looking into purchasing a fosgate or kicker setup in my ford explorer but I don't really know where to start or what I'm looking for or what sound good together. I tried getting help at audio stores but they are only willing to help if I'm buying from them and they are way over priced and are probably selling me stuff 3x the normal prices.

Anyway I'm looking for a nice set nothing too extravagant or powerful enough to be heard 15 blocks away. Just something moderate with great sound!

Can I have help with recommendations and possible building on what to buy? Amps are the most confusing things out there. Maybe just tell me what amps I need and speakers and subs. I don't mind paying for installation but to pay 3x the price and get ripped off isn't my idea. Anyway thanks for reading this and your help. Ps I have a alpine cd-121 receiver installed already.

well my self or any other vendor can help you out with your system, whats needed from you is wants and goals from the new system , budget ,type of electrical you will upgrade or not ,do you want new or used ,can you or d you know how to build a box ? what equipment do you now have if any ?

I'm looking for 2pairs 6x8 speakers a 10inch sub and two amps to power it all. A budget of 400-550. I've been on amazon and I can build nice stuff around that price range but the hardest part is figuring out the amps I need for everything.

Also I have someone who would build a box for me. And I plan on getting it all new and having it all installed wires and everything at the shop. It's not to bad price range

i can do 2 sets of american bass 5x7 coaxils ,same as 6x8 also , a tnt 10 and the ph 5100 amp for 570 shipped new .thats 120 x4 rms to the speakers and 500 to the sub at 2 ohms or 30 more and get the xfl 10 d2 and get 800 rms from the amp for the sub .thats from me also

I was looking into a p1s4-10 sub and p1683 speakers for my car but idk what amps to get or if these two even go good together. Can u help me? I'm not sure about what subs or speakers are good too actually it's just what I'm looking at right now.

I was looking into a p1s4-10 sub and p1683 speakers for my car but idk what amps to get or if these two even go good together. Can u help me? I'm not sure about what subs or speakers are good too actually it's just what I'm looking at right now.
my last reply is for better equipment than what you posted ,you'll also get more for your money from american bass, and its all new with full warranties ,shipped to your door

I understand but from what I just posted the speakers and sub alone on amazon will only run me 180 plus the 2 amps I need for it. The cheaper the better I was wondering if the products were good and what amps do I need for them. I heard they were good products and my dad runs fosgate that's why I was leaning to them I like the way they sound and suits my needs

the only fosgate stuff thats good is the ld school stuff or the t series ,most of the newer punch equipment isn't that good ,hence the price .good luck with your search

you post asking for advise and suggestions on a set up, then you get responses from one of the most knowledgable/helpful people on here and you pay no attention. 'the cheaper the better' then why even ask? you will more satisfied if you do a decent system now, instead of being disappointed and starting all over again. i mean no ill will, just trying to help out.

I wasn't planning on buying from him...I was asking about what kinda amp I need exactly to power it. I'm sure ill be more than satisfied with the results of the sound. As long as I can jam I'm good. I'm not going to any car shows anytime soon and it's mostly just me in my car so I don't need to show off. No offense it's awesome he's helping but I'm just trying to get a decent system for a decent price. As long as the sound isn't bad I think I'll be more than happy. Besides any upgrade from stock speakers is an upgrade and I'm sure this right here is a huge leap already. Thanks guys

if you realy wanna waster your money on those low level rocksford's than thats on you

i hopped on the site looked up your speakers and im assuming you want 4 of the p1683 mid/high speakers (on for each door) and only one sub and i went on sonic electronix.com and looked for two seperate amps for you

im almost positive these will work im sure someone can comment and verify for me (as i have no credencials just personal research)

for the four speakers - Cruch DRA 1050.4 - lowest price is on Crunch DRA1050.4 1000W Max V-Drive 4-Channel Amplifier

i had difficulty finding an amp that will work for you and be easy to set up ( without bridging and all that) that has that low of an output that sub is more suited to be used in unison with a second one

but i took the time to find a sub thats a 12 inch and has wider frequency range but youll save about 60 bucks it uses a purchasable amp and it puts out WAY more

Sony XS-TX121LB - Sony XS-GTX121LB (xsgtx121lb) 12" Single 4 Ohm GTX Series Car Subwoofer

Legacy LA1110BK - Legacy LA1110BK (la-1110bk) Class D Monoblock Icon Car Amplifier

idk if theyll sound good together or any of that but thats the amps you need

again if im wrong some one please point out my error

faded is faded. I don't know what your talking about, and even you dont know what your talking about if your recommending sony and legacy. Dang i thought this was gonna be a build log.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.