Time to make some Popcorn

Participant count
  • Participant list

gumby688
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
OK am going to start collecting electrical up grade stuff to power up the Popcorn Sounds 4k amp I got I am hoping 1 under the hood and 1 in the back will be enough with a 200 amp alt and 2 runs pos and 2 runs neg 0 either ofc or cca The amp is dual 0 inputs 150 each fused I have a yellow top under my hood already you guys think a Kinetik hc 3800 in the back would be enough? Going to run the popcorn @1.33 ohm on 3 RF hx2 power 12's in the biggest slot port I can fit in the back of my explorer.

good luck.. 4k is a lot for those.. it really depends on how you play your system
They are 1k rms 2k peak and of couse I will set up gains with a dmm make sure its clean 3 on 4k watts is only 1300 each at max.

If you have a volt meter installed, you will be ok. You can always turn the volume down.. I wouldn't expect to be able to play for too long full tilt with that electrical.

yeah I mean really on need max volume runs of 30 seconds at a time heh and yeah a voltmeter was one of the first things I dropped in I molded it into an empty cig lighter socket.

Well to be honest I hope a I blow all 3 of them then I can have Hispls rebuild them like I want lol I already have a little kinetik hc 600 I guess I can leave it in as well.

Will keep my yellow top up front and run back 2 pos and 2 neg 0 ga to the kinetik then pull the pos off it for the amp and use my frame ground.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

gumby688

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
gumby688
Fryeburg,ME
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date