help!!! senior project!!!! ASAP

I guess the thing is - doing a paper on "car audio" is like doing a paper on "cars" or "people" or "food;" all have billions of facets and subinterests and subdisciplines within them.

The paper could either give an overview of many different subdisciplines within car audio (SPL, SQ, shows, installation techniques etc.) or could focus on one or two, explaining in depth and how either relates to your installation. You don't want the paper to lack direction. I'd say the most important thing would be to first identify which you want to do - give an overview or an in-depth analysis.

Also - no need to make two separate threads, one is plenty and pops up on the homepage.

What class? I have a ton of acoustics reference material I can share.

Research the effect on xmax with common chamber enclosures.

Or the physics of common chamber vented enclosures and characterize the inherent phase interference associated with asymmetric vent locations.

how much $$$ for me to do it for you ?? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/graduate.gif.d982460be9f153bb54e5d4cb744f6ae8.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif

Just document your install. Start by listing goals and anticipated issues / challenges. Outline the intended procedure then describe the actual process. Finish with a summary of how close you came to the original goals and what if anything you'd do differently the next time.

Just document your install. Start by listing goals and anticipated issues / challenges. Outline the intended procedure then describe the actual process. Finish with a summary of how close you came to the original goals and what if anything you'd do differently the next time.

Not really research as much as it is a documentary.

it could easily be laced with detailed information about some of the reasoning why things could have been better or the acoustic theories that were used to make it correct or incorrect...

i wish i would have had a chance to do something like this when i was in school. but at the time i really didint know enough to make it worth while, it would be a lot of fun now though.. not to mention how much your bound to learn just diving into something like this...

My senior project was kinda on car audio....actually deadener. I basically tested how effective deadener was in relation to frequency. Took all of an hour and if u can BS like me, you'll make a 99 like me and go to the State Science Fair lulz

I'll see if I can find that vid of it right quick...

EDIT: here's the vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLFqGe_II44

I put a wall in front of the speakers lined with deadener and then a db meter on the other side of the wall and tested readings of diff frequencies with and without the deadener.

It was stupid easy. Its just all in how u make it sound. Like I said, I made a 99 on the project, got first at the Region Science Fair, free trip to Athens to place Third at State, got a couple Grants from the Army, offered an internship for some engineering company in Macon and a few other small awards. Its all in how u sell yourself man.

What class? I have a ton of acoustics reference material I can share.
Research the effect on xmax with common chamber enclosures.

Or the physics of common chamber vented enclosures and characterize the inherent phase interference associated with asymmetric vent locations.
you just blew OPs mind

My senior project was kinda on car audio....actually deadener. I basically tested how effective deadener was in relation to frequency. Took all of an hour and if u can BS like me, you'll make a 99 like me and go to the State Science Fair lulz
I'll see if I can find that vid of it right quick...

EDIT: here's the vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLFqGe_II44

I put a wall in front of the speakers lined with deadener and then a db meter on the other side of the wall and tested readings of diff frequencies with and without the deadener.

It was stupid easy. Its just all in how u make it sound. Like I said, I made a 99 on the project, got first at the Region Science Fair, free trip to Athens to place Third at State, got a couple Grants from the Army, offered an internship for some engineering company in Macon and a few other small awards. Its all in how u sell yourself man.
your test was quite flawed... you mostly measured barrier effects and transmission loss. a dB meter is not acceptable for that test as you cannot resolve the amplitude of each frequency being tested. to truly evaluate deadener you need accelerometers or the ability to measure resonance frequency of materials with a narrow band RTA (our narrow band measurements have 1Hz resolution). having the mic in a fixed position means you were also measuring room modes and phase interference that would not be noticeable with a dB meter. nothing in that test allows you to evaluate the elastomeric and viscoelastic properties of deadener. your judges knew nothing about acoustics... i would have given you an "F". //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

science fairs aren't about science, they are about self-marketing and speaking skills.

Here you can use this, no charge. This is what I used for my school projects

"Hallo. Name Dave. I like audio for cars. Its loud for me to listen to and make good time for driving.

Thanks."

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.