This is the box plan. Any feedback?

Participant count
  • Participant list

LosIsATool
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
2 XL m2 12s on a DC 5K.

3.5 cubes internal after subs, bracing, and 45s in the corners. Slot port 16 inches wide, 3 inches tall, 35 inches long, 48sq inches of port area. Tuned at 30hz. The only thing Im afraid of... Is the box to big for that much power? I dont want to bottom them out. SS will be set with a CC-1 to 25hz

Well dc reccomends 1.5 cubes per sub so 3.5 for both should be just fine but the port area is a little small for 2 12s.

They should take around 4000 daily with no problems in that box.

if you wanna tune that low an keep the same box i would look into maybe a 6in aero did that to my rd alpha's an played beautifully on about 2500watts

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

These are decent budget subs. The box design isn’t bad at 5 cubes for these, but I’d drop it down just a little and raise port tuning up to 32...
The it to a custom air brush guy and tell him what you want. You can always stain, plexiglass windows, and put led lights inside the box. Search...
Thanks man! Quitting drinking and battling DRESS syndrome has given me a new outlook on life.
i have a 15 already for the lows ita a little over kill for a crew cab but I like it and I was hoping it would sound better and louder than my old...
I have been attempting to study the true nature of why we tend to tune transmission lines and enclosures in general like we do, the nature of...

About this thread

LosIsATool

5,000+ posts
CarAudio.com Veteran
LosIsATool
Pensacola, Florida
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date