Can someone answer this?

I already own the amp, I had it in my last car it worked great. I would have to spend at least $500 to buy another amp to run that sub.

I already own the amp, I had it in my last car it worked great. I would have to spend at least $500 to buy another amp to run that sub.
Not really...the W7 is what, like 700 watts RMS? An amp that does ~1k @ 2 ohm wouldnt be $500. The $500 dollar amp you have now will only give you around 500 watts @ 3ohm. How about a different sub that would match better with the amp you already own?

Sundown SA-12 d4 .... $195 new (woofersetc)

JL Audio 1000/1v2 ...... $455 new (eBay)

throw it in a ported enclosure, roughly 1.75cu ft @ 32hz, wire it at 2ohm, & watch it shit all over your W7.

if its going in the 350z in your avitar i'd do a DD 3510 dual 2...in the proper ported box about 2cu ft counting port it would get crazy...and hit the lows like no JL ever could..I've beat the JL 13 in street beat with DD3510 in my Saleen ...mine sounded better hit lower and was nearly 3dbs louder the guy was running about the same power as me....

Sundown SA-12 d4 .... $195 new (woofersetc)
JL Audio 1000/1v2 ...... $455 new (eBay)

throw it in a ported enclosure, roughly 1.75cu ft @ 32hz, wire it at 2ohm, & watch it shit all over your W7.
Damn, why didnt you point him to a Sundown amp too..would be cheaper //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

well it a 1 ohm amp. 3 ohms would bump it down to like what 400watts something like that. you still need 400 more watts to get the max out of that sub. over price amp for that rating of watts at least it doesn't get wet lol. Go sell that amp and trun around and get yourself a better one. and for the money of sub you could get two RE subwoofer for the price of one. I if i had a malibu boats this amp would be sweet.

Not really, Sundowm amps are expensive new.
You're really humpin' goober's leg, bob. Saying hi to all the new members will surely get you that mod spot you crave so badly. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.