help with amp for 2 L7 15's

541luke

I'm thinking about getting the SPL GRLA5500/1D amp for my 2 L7 15's, i know its overpowered for these subs but i was thinking if i just turned the gain on the amp down or never turned my music up all the way it would be fine and it would rumble the neighborhood, i was just wandering what you guys were thinking about the safety of my subs running on this amp. but mostly please tell me if this is a smart or bad idea lol.

k thanks curren$y thats what I thought, its just hard to find an amp that runs 1 ohm stable at 2000rms 4000max that isnt a **** lanzar or hifonics, would you guys mind suggesting some good amps that are 1ohm stable 2000rms 4000max

tbh, hifonics is pretty good for the money. i still have it, and had it powering 1 Re HC 18 at 1 ohm. even though im under powering it, it still ran like a champ(while the lights dim.lol) dont be afraid to buy hifonics. try to buy a kicker zx2500.1 if you find one used.

ya but it would be underpowered for 2 L7 15's and I'm gunna run them at 1 ohm since they're 4Ohm DVC. so ya I might just go with a hifonics I see alot of people with hifonics amps on youtube and other forums and they say they power pretty good. are they overrated at all?

k thanks curren$y thats what I thought, its just hard to find an amp that runs 1 ohm stable at 2000rms 4000max that isnt a **** lanzar or hifonics, would you guys mind suggesting some good amps that are 1ohm stable 2000rms 4000max
audioque 2200d....would be perfect....

Audioque and Hifonics both make great budget amps. Since Hifonics' new line of amplifiers has come out, you should be able to get a BNIB BXi off of amazon or ebay for a larger discount. I'm currently running my 2 12" L7's with the BXi 1608D and it works flawlessly. I would go with the BXi 2608D though for the 15's because I have heard that it rates around 2.3kw @ 1ohm and your L7's would love every watt.

Nice I'll have to check out that aq2200d, and Hifonics BXi 2608D. I'll prolly go with the AQ though cuz I havnt really heard anything bad about them and a lot of ppl recommend them, The hifonics would be good, it definatley looks cooler but of course that means nothing, plus ive heard they're a little overrated so for the same price i might as well get the AQ. Thanks guys, I'll try to post some pics of my setup when i get my subs next month.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.