Tahoe+BTL 18"=fun

on1wheel01
10+ year member

Bang A Lang
Well I sold my 18" fully loaded BTL 18" to a local guy via craigslist. He also wanted me to build him a box. So of coarse I did so. The box is 46" wide 33" deep 15 3/4" high(double baffle). With a 11" wide port it's 6.4 cubes tuned to 31 with 23 " of port per cube. Should wang pretty hard. Not sure what amp he said he has. Im gonna try out my saz1500 on it and if he likes it maybe sell it to him. But I braced it with 1" oak dowels, rounded the edges, painted it black and added texture to it. It looks sick. The install will be tomorrow. I am gonna try to get some ids, but dunno if I will have time. I think it's a 02 ish tahoe has 24's on it. Pretty sick.

(not all the dowels just some when i had time to tape a pic)

f241d7e1.jpg

In primer

9bec58bf.jpg

The texture

4202e585.jpg

again

87e6bf9d.jpg

And the finished product I talked him into the white port I think it looks sick, thoughts?

4fc7cc45.jpg

Your right but that's why I do it on paper also to fix its imperfections. I could have gone with a smaller port but I'm sure he will be happy especially showing it off. He thought my crappy hx2's were the loudest he'd heard granted I built the box but still. He said will my sub be that loud. So even if it Isint as loud as it could be or what not if it beats he'll be happy. We shall see.

Thanx guys. Na only charged him $170 on the box. Right under materials x2. I got $375 of the btl though, made my moneys there. I don't look to make tons on boxes. I do it for the enjoyment of making them. I prob should have charged more but eh well. Any ideas on what this would usually cost?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

on1wheel01

10+ year member
Bang A Lang
on1wheel01
Mooresville nc
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date