WTB four twelves under $400, or a cheap pair of RE SR12D4's

Participant count
  • Participant list

boomstang
10+ year member

Hi all, I just recently smoked two of my four RE SR12's. They have been great subs, and I could get the new style ones for around $100 each, but if I were to just replace the two that went up in smoke, I'd have a mixmatched set, so I might as well replace them all unless someone has a pair of the older SR's with the dust caps for sale cheap.

Bassicly, if someone has an old pair of RE SR's, I want them, if not, I'm looking for a set of four subs for around $400 that are better than the new style RE SR's. thanks

As far as price goes, thats not a bad deal, but I'll have to pass. I've heard those subs before and wasn't impressed, they were taking up twice the trunk space and twice the power I have, but didnt seem to get any louder.

Thanks, I'm currenly installing a Roush Stage 3 body kit with Spintech side exhaust and full FBSS air ride suspension. I'll update my avitar and post up some pics when its finished.

Still lookin for subs.

Turns out I didn't smoke the voice coils though, I cut one of the dust caps off to have a look, and it turns out the coil&former ripped loose from the cone and spider.

ID suggest IA 187's. A lot better than R's in my opinion.
OR Sundown SA-12's
I only have about ~500 watts and .7cu.ft sealed for each sub. Will either of those work?

Plus I have to put an absolute cost limit of no more than $500 total.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.