Bazooka Tube & Amp?

hellouser
10+ year member

Toronto
I have a Bazooka Tube model TA850C, self amplified and a friend of mine gave me his Pioneer Amp (model GM-X362, 200 Watt 2 Channel Amplifier). My deck is an Alpine CDA-117 (Power Output: Max 50 W x 4 High Power Amplifier).

Is it possible to still use the Bazooka Tube with the amp my friend gave me? If not, perhaps another? Ive been told not to do so as it may screw with the power and all.

The bazooka system will require its own power cable. Without looking up the bazooka probably requires 8 or 10ga wire. It will also need its own ground cable to the vehicle chassis. Lastly, it will need inputs: signal from the headunit and remote wire from the h/u. Im not sure if you are asking if the pioneer amp can be used to power the bazooka, it cant.

The bazooka system will require its own power cable. Without looking up the bazooka probably requires 8 or 10ga wire. It will also need its own ground cable to the vehicle chassis. Lastly, it will need inputs: signal from the headunit and remote wire from the h/u. Im not sure if you are asking if the pioneer amp can be used to power the bazooka, it cant.
Well, my h/u gets quite hot so ideally i'd like to take a load off the amp inside it and run the speakers from the amp that I got as well as get the clearer sound from the amp as opposed the internal amp in the alpine h/u (and of course, greater output). But since the Bazooka tube is self amplified, is it possible to still use it in this configuration along with the pioneer amp running the speakers?

Also, does using the HPF with a subwoofer cause less power draw on the h/u from the speakers? technically the speakers dont need to produce all the sound and the lower frequencies are filtered out, so would the amp run cooler?

Well, my h/u gets quite hot so ideally i'd like to take a load off the amp inside it and run the speakers from the amp that I got as well as get the clearer sound from the amp as opposed the internal amp in the alpine h/u (and of course, greater output). But since the Bazooka tube is self amplified, is it possible to still use it in this configuration along with the pioneer amp running the speakers?
Also, does using the HPF with a subwoofer cause less power draw on the h/u from the speakers? technically the speakers dont need to produce all the sound and the lower frequencies are filtered out, so would the amp run cooler?
If your h/u has a sub out, yes you can run the front speakers off the pioneer amp, and still use the bazooka as self-amplified. The front and/or rear outputs from the h/u would go to the pioneer amp, while the sub output would go to the bazooka.

Running the HPF will lessen stress on the front speakers due to not be required to play the lower freqs anymore, but the amp would still work as hard. The amplifer, either the h/u's or the pioneer, will still run the same amount of wattage output, but none of it will be frequencies below the HPF's freq cut off. The amplifier will simply put all its efforts into the mids and highs, rather than some of it to the bass frequencies.

If your h/u has a sub out, yes you can run the front speakers off the pioneer amp, and still use the bazooka as self-amplified. The front and/or rear outputs from the h/u would go to the pioneer amp, while the sub output would go to the bazooka.
Running the HPF will lessen stress on the front speakers due to not be required to play the lower freqs anymore, but the amp would still work as hard. The amplifer, either the h/u's or the pioneer, will still run the same amount of wattage output, but none of it will be frequencies below the HPF's freq cut off. The amplifier will simply put all its efforts into the mids and highs, rather than some of it to the bass frequencies.
The deck is one of the new Alpines; CDA-117:

Alpine Electronics of America, Inc.

Its got three pre-outs, but im not sure if its got a sub out. Looking at the specs in the link i posted above, it doesnt look like it (or maybe im wrong? this is my first car stereo so im really new to all of this).

Suppose it doesnt, should I just stick with the bazooka tube and internal amp? Would an amp take any heat/load off the h/u amp??

The deck is one of the new Alpines; CDA-117:
Alpine Electronics of America, Inc.

Its got three pre-outs, but im not sure if its got a sub out. Looking at the specs in the link i posted above, it doesnt look like it (or maybe im wrong? this is my first car stereo so im really new to all of this).

Suppose it doesnt, should I just stick with the bazooka tube and internal amp? Would an amp take any heat/load off the h/u amp??
A brief look at the link you provided found me this: "Subwoofer Level Adjustment: 0 to 15". So if it has subwoofer level controls, yes it has a subwoofer dedicated output. One of the sets of RCA cables is meant to run to a subwoofer amp, the level of which (and probably xover settings) is controllable by your h/u.

Dont worry about being new to this stuff, we'll get you going.

A brief look at the link you provided found me this: "Subwoofer Level Adjustment: 0 to 15". So if it has subwoofer level controls, yes it has a subwoofer dedicated output. One of the sets of RCA cables is meant to run to a subwoofer amp, the level of which (and probably xover settings) is controllable by your h/u.
Dont worry about being new to this stuff, we'll get you going.
Awesome! This is really good news. Thanks so much!

Should i go ahead and get the Pioneer Amp installed? Its an old amp taken from my friends car that hasnt been used in years. I got it free and from what I've been told, i'll get much better sound with an amp than the internal alpine amp. Looking at prices for new amps they go over 200 dollars, something I dont really want to pay for unless I have to.... specs for the pioneer amp are:

Features

* PWM Regulated MOSFET Power Supply

* Bridgeable 1/2/3 Channel Capability

* Balanced Isolator Input Circuit

* Screw-Type Power/Ground Terminals

* Screw-Type Speaker Terminals

* RCA Inputs

* Hi-Volt Input Level Control (400mV-6.5V)

* Speaker Level Inputs

* Selectable Crossover: 80Hz, -12dB/oct. (LPF)

Specifications

* Continuous Power (14.4V): 40Wx2(4 ohm), 50Wx2 (2 ohm), 100Wx1 (4 ohm)

* Max Power (14.4V): 80Wx2 (4 ohm), 200Wx1 (4 ohm)

* Frequency Response: 10Hz - 50kHz (0,-1dB)

* Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.008% (1kHz, 4W)

* Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 100dB (IHF-A)

* Dimensions: 11" x 2-5/16" x 6-3/16"

Yes, the external amp will provide more power and give you better performance than the h/u's internal amp.
Sweet.

I mentioned this to my boss who knows a fair bit about car stereos and said that using the amp and the bazooka tube could potentially cause issues on the cars battery as both have to be connected to it and could draw too much power. Is there a possibility that both connected could give me issues of any kind?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.