HELP!!!! what could this be?

Participant count
  • Participant list

memphis_vette
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Redding, CA
ok here we go. i got my new subs, amp and box built and all hooked up (look in sig for what they are) i have a problem...ive been trying to tune my amp to my subs. i have subsonic set at 30 hz and crossover at about 80. i have high pass on deck set at 80hz for components and sub crossover on deck set at 80hz the problem is i turn the sub off from the deck so i can tune my components and the sub still plays? it doesnt play loud but the subs still move a decent amount. is my deck going bad or could it be wiring? i used to have an amp hooked up to comps but i took it out cause it started to sound bad and the fader and balance were all messed up. what could it be. and also when i have volume all the way down the subs still move a tiny bit.

That sounds more like you have noise on your rca's. You could try grounding the outside part of the rca's and see if that fixes it.

really? cause i have the knu krystal cables.they seem like pretty nice cables. i have them ran totally opposite side of power wire and ground. but still if i set my sub to off on deck shouldnt it not play my music through subs still?

Probably doesn't have anything to do with the cables...ah I see your deck is a Pioneer, well that pretty much explains it. Do a search for "Pioneer Pico fuse" and you'll find a lot of possible solutions...

ok ill search for that. i have heard about rca grounding issues with these decks. the deck is about 3 years old and never had problems until last few months

Yeah they're easy to screw up...something about accidentally grounding the RCA center pin can cause it. I knew I screwed mine up by grounding the REM wire while the unit was on. I had all kinds of noise issues on the rca's after that. I ended up just selling it and buying an Alpine. Some have had success with grounding the outer part of the RCA's so try that first. Just ground them to the H/U chassis.

your rca's are to close to your power wire somewhere in the car. move them away and then see what happens. youre just picking up some noise. grounding your rca's will not always fix the problem.

your rca's are to close to your power wire somewhere in the car. move them away and then see what happens. youre just picking up some noise. grounding your rca's will not always fix the problem.
That's why I said some people have had success. It didn't work for me, but mine also had nothing to do with my power wire either. Swapping out the HU worked though //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

My Pioneer did the same thing a few years back. I was running the 4000UB, and did something similar to bubbagumper with the wiring, had all sorts of noise issues... subs would thud whenever the door closed, speakers would whine...

Did a quick search, found the grounding issue, took a piece of bare wire and snaked it around the ground rings on the deck RCA's and screwed it onto the metal casing, problem solved. Start there //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.