My 6 month old Optima Yellowtop is junk. What to do?

JarvisB
10+ year member

JarvisB
MI/DC
Just like the title says.

I got it installed last summer and then later in the fall, it just quit holding charge.

My Explorer was dying like everyday so I decided to swap back to stock battery, it works perfectly fine. At first i thought that I had a short somewhere around my vehicle but after swapping the batteries, apparently Yellowtop is not holding charge anymore.

My dumb-azz threw out all of the papers(I think) that came with the YT last summer so I am wondering if there is any chance I could get a replacement? I got it brand new in plastic wrapper from a member here. Or there is nothing I can do?

Any input would be appreciated, thanks.

warranty is only valid if you buy it retail 3rd party dont work but u can try any retail place that sells em and tell em u cant remember what info u used they may do it. thats why U dont use a car battery for stereo installs.

Did you buy it at Advanced Auto?
Just like the title says.
I got it installed last summer and then later in the fall, it just quit holding charge.

My Explorer was dying like everyday so I decided to swap back to stock battery, it works perfectly fine. At first i thought that I had a short somewhere around my vehicle but after swapping the batteries, apparently Yellowtop is not holding charge anymore.

My dumb-azz threw out all of the papers(I think) that came with the YT last summer so I am wondering if there is any chance I could get a replacement? I got it brand new in plastic wrapper from a member here. Or there is nothing I can do?

Any input would be appreciated, thanks.

i took mine to advanced auto, they tested it, it failed and they gave me a brand new one on the spot and i just paid like 15 bucks.
i couldnt believe it
sorry to thread jack but...

Why did u pay $15??? Our battery testing is free and those batteries have a 3yr FREE replacement warranty?

****I'm currently employed at Advance in my town

warranty is only valid if you buy it retail 3rd party dont work but u can try any retail place that sells em and tell em u cant remember what info u used they may do it. thats why U dont use a car battery for stereo installs.
I dont think stereo install affects the battery.

It was doing great but in few months, it stopped working. I only ran music on the battery for like a month before leaving my vehicle at home when I left to college.

My dad started the vehicle ocassionally and then one day it died so my dad jumped it and then in few days it would die again.. it was constant at that rate but until now, it dies one day after jumping every time.

I suppose that the battery is faulty somehow? Plenty of people have used YT and experienced no problem.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.