Can anyone help about wrapping a box? I know there are some of you that do this for a living, and lovin it. Anything would help. Technique, material, do's/don'ts...

thanks

oO :eek:

HEY LOOK, you dropped your pocket....

wrapping? as in shipping it?

2x JBL 1200.1 for sale...

AIM- Mgaidica

Originally posted by mgaidica

wrapping? as in shipping it?

I think he means carpeting...

http://www.eatel.net/~amptech/elecdisc/carpetenclosure.htm

- Steve

2007 Chrysler 300C

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab

Optima, Volant, Bully Dog, Corsa, Gibson, Powermaster, California Super Trucks, Fox Racing, Airaid

Alpine 7998, Alpine HDA-5460, Arc Audio MEQ-30, (2) Adire Audio Shiva, Image Dynamics CD-2COMP, Image Dynamics CX64, (2) Image Dynamics ID8V.2, Arc Audio 2100CXL, Arc Audio 4150CXL, Arc Audio 1500D-R

2006 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14

I dont mean to be rude, but what is the highest level of education that you finished?

carpet it like you would a present.

works the best.

Hey kid, why dont you get a dog and call if life so you can tell people you have one.

dependng on ur placement of the box and design, start where ur gonna see the actual carpet, i find this makes it come out the best, then the scrap work can be done in a place that you cant see.

2x JBL 1200.1 for sale...

AIM- Mgaidica

Originally posted by mgaidica

dependng on ur placement of the box and design, start where ur gonna see the actual carpet, i find this makes it come out the best, then the scrap work can be done in a place that you cant see.

Yup...thats ideally what you should do. Seams should be on the bottom or back, but depending on the application, the top may also work.

- Steve

2007 Chrysler 300C

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab

Optima, Volant, Bully Dog, Corsa, Gibson, Powermaster, California Super Trucks, Fox Racing, Airaid

Alpine 7998, Alpine HDA-5460, Arc Audio MEQ-30, (2) Adire Audio Shiva, Image Dynamics CD-2COMP, Image Dynamics CX64, (2) Image Dynamics ID8V.2, Arc Audio 2100CXL, Arc Audio 4150CXL, Arc Audio 1500D-R

2006 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14

I dont mean to be rude, but what is the highest level of education that you finished?

I tug till no end, once the carpet is securely fastened on one side with tackers. You might get a bit of creases or stretchmarks. Easily cured with a warm iron. If it's vinyl/leather, use a few pieces of paper between the iron and vinyl.

Team Caraudio

Sony C90, 210 EQ

Seas 27TDF/C, RE XXX 6.5, custom xo (dyn 240GT sitting idle)

RF 60.2 amp

eD A15.22

Soundstream picasso 1400.1D

Bass drive-by's are uncool.

Never ever start or have a the end the carpet end on the edge of the box, make sure every single edge is covered, or else it will look like shit. Do it like you would rap a present and it will come on perfect.

Hey kid, why dont you get a dog and call if life so you can tell people you have one.

I would like to add when you do get to a seam. Overlap the carpet before you cut. And use a very sharp knife to cut both pieces of carpet at the same time. makes for almost invisible seams :)

5 % equipment

90 % install

5% beer

Go to the local upholstery shop and get some glue. You have to have a gun but it really works good.

"Just have to remember to take everything in stride, and don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today because there might not be a tomorrow. :)" <---- RAMOS

Profliepower is the funniest guy ever...

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new FREE account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now