my install.. just finished.. come check

hbombz203

DSC_0001.jpg

DSC_0002.jpg

DSC_0003.jpg

DSC_0004.jpg

just finished the install on my 04' accord EX yesterday, more pix on the way

its a 08 kicker L5 w/ the 08 5 channel and a metra tsunami 1.2 farad cap, all kicker RCA's, Kicker power kit

ill get more pics of the dash install and such, but inside the car its the new 08 kicker 6x9's and new 08 kicker ks components in the front, with an eclipse cd4000 head unit with the cubby pocket dash kit

lemme know what y'all think about the amp rack, took me a little while to build so id love some feedback

although im not a fan of the capacitor usage or the sealed box, that is definately a clean install. The amp rack looks darn good!
its a ported box man.. things got like a 6 inch port right on the left side where the terminals are.. you cant see it because of the angle on the pics, i wanted to get the rack and not the left side of the sub.. thanks tho the amp rack took a lil while because its like a 6 peice assembly to get it to wrap around and flush out like that, but i banged it out in about a day with the help of some kids at work

We have the same car //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Very clean setup, did the shop do most of the fabrication?

its a ported box man.. things got like a 6 inch port right on the left side where the terminals are.. you cant see it because of the angle on the pics, i wanted to get the rack and not the left side of the sub.. thanks tho the amp rack took a lil while because its like a 6 peice assembly to get it to wrap around and flush out like that, but i banged it out in about a day with the help of some kids at work
ah okay. I've never used a kicker prefab ported box before, and im not usually a fan of any prefab boxes, but from what you say its doing you just fine. And that amp rack is definately worth the work!

We have the same car //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
Very clean setup, did the shop do most of the fabrication?
well i work at circuit city so all the work was done with the help of my buddies, as well as the install.. all the work was done in the shop but the fabbing was just with spare mdf and carpet we had laying around, my boss and i did the install, roughly with fabrication and such it took about 2 days

ah okay. I've never used a kicker prefab ported box before, and im not usually a fan of any prefab boxes, but from what you say its doing you just fine. And that amp rack is definately worth the work!
thanks man.. the box seems to be doing its job, thing beats pretty hard, especially since i kind of have it underpowered using a simple 5 channel, but all in all for my budget the system sounds awesome, wouldnt replace anything with the money i spent

I'd build another enclosure, but A+ on the amp rack //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

If you aimed to get visual attention you certainly got that! The pieces of the system display nicely and the install looks uberclean, especially with what appears to be a flush-mounted amp. You got the carpet coloring going so well that if you had chosen to hide the amp and cap, then turned the sub to face forward, it would have been a stealth install to a casual passerby. Gray combined with the shape of the enclosure you built for the driver's side of the trunk make this install's look sweet!

Rick

Looks really clean, nice rack //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Now you just need to replace the prefab

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

hbombz203

hbombz203
Danbury, CT
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
JL Audio