Anyone ever had this HAPPEN?????

Boominator
10+ year member

Soundwave Master
Las Vegas
Yesterday I was waiting for my sister as she went in the store. So while in the car I decided to rock the hell out of the parking lot to see homany alarms I would set off. In the middle of my little oun soundoff, I went to reajust the remote bass boost under the dash. As I reached and touched it, I got a huge spark from my figertips to the bass boost nob and now my amp doesn't hit like it used to. I have no freekin Idea what had happen so if you have any ideas please let me know.... Oh the amp is a Hifonics BXI1606d....thanks:p:

I know, I am stumped. That just ruined my whole setup. I dont know weather to buy a ney amp or are my ears ar decieving me. lol. Im sure that spark from the bass knob did something because the punch and bass notes arnt like it use to be. But I did notice that during the spark the amp got alittle more quieter at that same moment. Now I have rewired the sytem and I have got the same result with my amp. (as far as sound goes) I have been messing with the gains and bass boost to get that sound back but it doesnt work like it use to.

Yesterday I was waiting for my sister as she went in the store. So while in the car I decided to rock the hell out of the parking lot to see homany alarms I would set off. In the middle of my little oun soundoff, I went to reajust the remote bass boost under the dash. As I reached and touched it, I got a huge spark from my figertips to the bass boost nob and now my amp doesn't hit like it used to. I have no freekin Idea what had happen so if you have any ideas please let me know.... Oh the amp is a Hifonics BXI1606d....thanks:p:
Karma?

you should try disconnecting your bass remote knob...

i wouldnt be surprised if you basically shorted out the bass control knob and ****ed something up, and since your bass control knob most likely takes priority over your gain setting at the amp...well maybe you see where im going with this.

disconnect the remote knob. reset the gain properly at the amp. and then kill yourself for being a fag.

i can only hope you destroyed your equipment cause you dont deserve it...oh, and you emphasized the wrong word in your title. heres a better one

Faggot

it's one thing to bass as you come and go places, but you need to know when it's appropriate to turn it down. the bass itself is inappropriate as all hell to begin with, but everyday strangers (who 90% of which could give less than 2 shits about any of our stereos) dont want ot hear it. but when you sit there like a jackass and bass out, you make the rest of us look bad. you ****ing moron. It's easy to know when to be discrete about it, especially in random businesses parking lots.

you're a dipshit. and it's people like you that they make laws against loud stereos. Think about that when you sleep tonight, the people who voted for fines against our people are a direct result of actions like that. you assclown.

secondly

it's not likely but possible something stopped working right in the bass knob. either remove the bass knob, tune your gains, use the HU bass level as your bass level adjuster (which is a pain in the ass, i perfer knobs), and try to find another knob to test it and see if thats the problem. otherwise your ****ed.

let this be a lesson. you ****.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.