Disapointed with PG RSD 6.5 CS

viperrgh2
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
usa
So I put a pair of 6.5 RSD comps in my car powered my an alpine 4 channel amp bridged to 100x2 rms @4ohms. I've got the gains on nom. haven't gone over 50 on my headunit and Ive got a fuzzing tweeter. The speakers sound good when there not crapping out on me but overall I'm not happy. Could I have gotten a lemon? I' returning these to Etronics and not sure if I should get another set somewhere else or go with different speakers like CDTs maybe..

Make sure the wiring to the tweet isn't shorting out somewhere. Run a "temp" set of wiring directly to the xover/them, not through the door and see if that clears it up. Wiring could be pinched somewhere.

You could also swap the tweeter from the good side to try and narrow down the issue. Good luck...

What is nominal???
Nominal generally derives from name. A nominal quantity (e.g., length, diameter, volume, voltage, value) is generally the quantity according to which some item has been named or is generally referred to.

/wiki

ie. somewhere in the middle, not too high or low, I would assume.

You are the first one not happy with them. I think you got something wrong somewhere now you just have to figure out where. Did some for a friend running 150w each side and they sound great. Have not heard anything else in the $90.00 range thats sounds as good. The Lanzar Optidrive6C look promising.

Do some trouble shooting. I would start by testing the tweeter on the side with no issues. If is working fine then you have an issue somewhere else. Next check your speaker wire. Then go from there.GL

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

viperrgh2

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
viperrgh2
usa
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date