Sony CDX-GT50W Head Unit

Participant count
  • Participant list

BassAddictJ
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
FL
got to use this deck as aloaner from walmart while my touchscreen gets afew warranty repairs taken care of....

the SQ is decent, certainly better than most lower line and older Sony's ive heard, which ive heard a few. the SQ still isnt up to par with my avh-p6600dvd's dual 24bit D/A converters, and the premier 880prs simply smokes this out of the water.

the features on the face are nice, i like the displays, there's plenty of them and they seem entertaining. relativly easy to use. the EQ is simple (being only 3 bands) and there's 2 little sound enchancers (BBE and DSO)....fidling wiht it enough i managed to find a setting thatll work for my SQ tastes, which is picky wiht a HU thats has only 3 bands on the EQ.

the preouts work nicely. though the p6600dvd is more powerful, i had to turn the gains up a bit to get it where i wanted.

all in all it's a decent deck but i wouldnt pay any more than 120 dollar for it new or used in good condition. i paid like $195 at walmart and i thank god im taking it back to get a refund when i get my touchscreen back. not worth 195.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

BassAddictJ

5,000+ posts
CarAudio.com Veteran
BassAddictJ
FL
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies