My Top 5 HU

ugs92
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Hi I havent posted on here in a while but here's my top 5 HU that im thinkin about getting so i would like to have an input on which are the best choices.

JVC KD G720 $158 FREE SHIPPING

CLARION DXZ665 MP $189.95 + 24.95

KENWOOD EZ500 $149.95 +24.95

KENWOOD KDC X590 $168 +22.00

ALPINE 9831 $200 +22.00

Purely from a price standpoint it looks like the JVC wins hands down. There's likely good reason for this, though, as it also looks like it has the least longevity built into it (out of that list) as well.

Soooo....as I know little about that model of Clarion (but it looks solid) I'd say the eXcelon X590 or the 9831.

Are you opposed to buying used from the classifieds?

There's usually higher end decks in that price range floating around.....

id go with the clarion or alpine as well, i'll be getting clarions touch panel unit soon, all thier 2006 line looks great and sounds even better

JVC headunits are great. they're not exactly marketed toward 'audiophiles' and car audio fanatics like most of us, but i think they're a great option for an upgrade. i purchased my very own h/u when i was 16 and it was a JVC. the car that it was installed in was sold to my cousin, who is still using the unit to this day, nearly 5 years later. i'm not saying that other brands can't last this long, but i've even seen classic alpine units start acting stubborn after 3 or more years of use. i'd definitely take JVC over brands like panasonic and sony. it's definitely on kenwood's level imo. JVC = solid bang for the buck

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.