Not open for further replies.

ciaonzo
5,000+ posts

TheContinental
WI
Item(s) for Sale:

Pair of Zed US Acoustics USA2200F Amplifiers

Item(s) Description/Condition:

I was late to the Zed game so it took me forever to find these and I paid through the nose for them. This is the limited edition version built with better parts, tighter tolerances. They sound gorgeous. Called the Chrome Series but they are polished aluminum, of course. This is also the F version, fan cooled and bigger than the normal USA2200. These are beautiful and powerful. The smaller version USA2200 makes nearly 800w bridged so that should give you an idea of their potential. These would be right at home for front stage use OR to drive a subwoofer.

Condition of both amplifiers is outstanding, the best I've seen. One has a couple extremely light marks and the other has some silkscreen rubbed off around the dials, so 9.5/10 & 9/10 respectively. You will be mighty proud to have them on display. As I recall from testing these when I first purchased them, one of them has a gain pot that continues to rotate further than it should. This is usually because someone forced it and rounded out the hex drive, much like rounding the head on a bolt but this would be the inverse of that. This can be addressed by sliding open the cover and touching the shaft/pot with CA glue or epoxy but I didn't want to open these. Both amplifiers operate flawlessly in every regard, you will love them. Original packaging is complete and included, but I will double box so they arrive in perfect condition.

I NEVER intended to sell these but my dog just had $3000 worth of surgery so I need to try and offset that a little bit. Would really prefer that these went to a Zed guy as a pair. If enough time goes by without a buyer for the pair, I will sell separate ONLY IF BOTH ARE SPOKEN FOR. This means if you are the first buyer for one, you may have to wait until the other is sold. If either buyer backs out at the last minute, I will simply refund monies to the other buyer. I want to sell both of them or keep both of them. I apologize.

Conservative Specs:

2 X 200 @ 4 ohm

2 X 300 @ 2 ohm

1 X 600 @ 4 ohm bridged

Here's a link to some real world performance on the smaller version. --> US Acoustics USA2200

Here's some gut shots that aren't mine (Respect, NewAgeKing)

2200f1.jpg

Price:

$600 shipped, the pair.

I will negotiate a TINY bit if it will get the pair sold together. PM me and we'll work something out.

Shipping and Miscellaneous Item Information:

CONUS only, please.

Item Pictures:

Last edited by a moderator:
I hate to admit this, but I actually caught a boner these amps are so beautiful! WOW just f'n WOW!! I wish I had the money just to own them GLWS
No shame. It happens to the best of us, lol.

I hate to admit this, but I actually caught a boner these amps are so beautiful! WOW just f'n WOW!! I wish I had the money just to own them GLWS
glad someone said it, pretty.. I had 3-600f 2-800f and 2-1000f he used to advertise on forums had to send $ order from nc to ca and hope he still had them., I just bought them to sell they were stupid cheap the 600s were $150 theres a pic in my gallery from last car pretty sure it was a 600, it was strong.. I also had the tan looking one from crutchfield actually I think it was usa 2200 cause it was 600rms.. yep that's what it was I think it was like $199 on sale

I'll definitely be interested in one of someone else wants the other. Beautiful amps, and would pair perfectly with SW8000 I bought from you.

Sounds good, thank you. I'm currently running just a bit more power than that with the USA2300F on the SW8000 and it is sublime. The great thing is that there's no subsonic filter and the amp can deliver really good amounts of current. This means bottomless low frequency response for LMS drivers in sealed enclosures. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Just so everyone understands these chrome versions are a little different than the common grey versions of the usa2200. The grey versions do not have the internal fan like these do. Also I've never been able to confirm but these chrome usa2200's are supposed to have a better opamp than the grey versions from what I've heard.

Thank you. Yes, different board layouts and better parts. I believe the resistors are 5% gold band as opposed to 10% silver, and the front end is laid out entirely different so I would also think that the opamp would be of higher quality. If you study the board layouts, you can begin to see many differences in care and quality. Not only when they went from the smaller to the larger versions that were grey, but also between the grey and chrome as you'd said. Even between the grey 2100 and the chrome 2100, the low level front end stuff is handled completely different. It's up off the main board and onto a daughter board. We're talking S/N ratios of 104/110 depending on the model. Feast on all the links and photos below for some comparisons of the 2100 and 2300 (some of this is yours eg9). These are certainly the best looking and sounding versions of all USAcoustics amplifiers.

2100 comparison:

US Acoustics usa2100C and USA2100

2200 comparison:

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p162/dvcrogers/20140716_190348.jpg

Picture015.jpg Photo by bromojr | Photobucket

2300 comparison:

024DC4B2-5139-4479-94F8-439933D8D397_zps0mtysja9.jpg Photo by rae1975 | Photobucket

USAcoustics 2300F Photo by bromojr | Photobucket

Breaking my heart right now. Serious chest pains. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...