Zapco iForce Dissected (And Balanced Input Question)

Idiot, what's the specs on the 450, is it rated 50 x 4 at 12V?
Does it come with a birth sheet and does it says where it is made?

Thanks
The specifications are a tricky thing, actually, because the website lists different (read: higher) numbers than the manual, which gives ratings at 14.4V. The website wouldn't be rating at a higher voltage? That seems ludicrous...

Website Specs

4 Ohms: 4 x 50W

2 Ohms: 4 x 90W

4 Ohms: 2 x 180W

Manual Specs

4 Ohms: 4 x 50W

2 Ohms: 4 x 75W

4 Ohms: 2 x 150W

So... I don't know which to believe. The specifications differ in the manual and website for all three models. I intend to email Zapco later this evening to find out which are correct.

Also, no birthsheet. And they are made in China. I heard mention of Korea on some forums, but the box says China.

they are supposed to be great amps though right? I am looking into getting a 2100 and I have heard nothing but good things about them(zapco amps) but I do not know if they(people online) were talking about only the higher class zapcos or the iforce zapcos as well.

So... I don't know which to believe. The specifications differ in the manual and website for all three models. I intend to email Zapco later this evening to find out which are correct.
Well, I got a response to that email, and it appears that the higher specs are correct. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Full text:

Thank for bring this to our attention. The website and our product catalog are correct. We made some changes to the prototypes amps to get the better specs and sound, but the owner manual got over look when they started to produce the amps. The next printing of manual will have the up dates like the web and catalogs. Thank again.Bob Rugani

bob@zapco.com

Director of Dealer Support

413 S. Riverside Dr. Suite D

Modesto, CA 95354

209-577-4268 ext 123

209-577-8548 fax

Hey idiot hooked up the amps yet?
Nope. I still need to order the speakers, wire, and deadener... and then install everything. Actually, I haven't even finished the amp rack yet, as it's been rather busy lately.

Don't worry, I'm sure I'll need help with the install, and once it's done, I'll certainly let everyone know. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Actually, is there a small adaptor that can be picked up at Radioshack or some similar place that would allow me to hook the amps up to house voltage? I'd like to know if they even work before going through the trouble of installing them...

Well, admittedly, I'm pretty newbie to car audio, but I think the iforce is absolutely awesome.

Here's my setup:

Crappy panasonic head unit.

JL 6w0

Alpine SPX-177A components

Zapco iForce i450

Of course, i'm bridging the rear to power the sub (which is also awesome btw), and the fronts are left for the components. Keep in mind that my car is a Toyota MR-S so I really don't need much for a nice setup IMHO; the cabin space is pretty small.

The amp is certainly very nice, and the build quality is fantastic. I have seen the high-end zapco amps, and the quality of the iForce is something that you would definitely expect coming from them. Even though the iForce is marketed as a third tier product, I personally believe that this amp is probably comparable to other higher-end models. After hooking everything up, I was absolutely floored by how good everything sounded!

One interesting feature of the amp is the remote bass gain control. This is a small optional module that you can attach (refer to original poster's pics) which will allow you to make quick gain adjustments for your third channel when it's bridged and set to low pass filter. The inclusion of this module affirms that this amp is designed for the budget market since a high-end user would most likely have a processor or head unit to compensate for these adjustments. I just recently started using it, and I must admit that I really find it useful. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Unfortunately, it's late and I don't have time to add much, but I'd be more than happy to answer any questions people might have. I've been using this setup for about 3 weeks now.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.