Your Chance To Win $50 Dollars!!! Read This!!!

ArcaneParadise
10+ year member

Hey everyone. I have been begging my parents to allow me to get a supercharger for my 1999 Dodge Ram 1500 V8 5.9L but they saw that it will make it much too fast. I have already explained that it will bring it up to about 400HP after all necessary mods and about a 6.0 0-60 (that was a mistake to tell them, I know). The person who can give me a strategy, idea, tactic, proposal, etc... will be given the 50 dollars within 24 hours of me trying out your idea. The ideas are read chronologically and I will be posting this on my screenname info as well as SoundDomain.com, so the first person will be given the money via PayPal. Seeing as how I have enough to get an ATI supercharger, I should hope that should be enough verification that I have the money. Some of you might think that I will not be honest but I am true to my word and I promise to give you the money promptly. Plz post any questions or comments on this forum and I will answer them as soon as possible. I am now in the desperate stage and will try anything and everything for my parents to allow me to get one. Thanks to everyone.

Kill them. If you think about it, it's the best solution! They'll be out of your way as far as getting your super charger, and you can take their money to pay for it! I'll take my 50 dollars now, thank you.

Dunno if your parents are computer minded but i'm guessing not //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Just make up a page (hell, i'll do it for ya) about (example) huge prices that are winnable with xtreme showcars (make up a nice title) or something... Just some freaky show where you can win shitloads of money just by showing your car (remember, showing.. not 0-60 etc.).

Explain to them that yes it is fast, but you cannot put on the body technology and looks without actually modifying the car engine and its working parts. Tell them that you want to compete with those shows and win money now that the shows are still fresh and people are still fairly amateurs.

Besides that you should explain them that this might be just your thing for life, born to modify cars and show off in hotrods (mjummie) and that you dont want to wait three years and regret the waste of it for a long time.

Also clearify that when you go on your own that you would still do it then if its not allowed now, why bother forbidding if you know eventually it will happen anyway.. better with your parents controlling it (ahum) then you on you own, alone.

Anyway.. if that doesnt help just do what the guy above me said, its a lot lesser trouble then making up a sceme (I would just give my parents magic mushrooms and ask em then //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif)

Anyway, peace * GL

Go on the internet look for a governor or rev limiter show them and tell them that this will keep the speed down but you just want more usable power. Then install it let them drive it and then when done take it out and they will never know. I had the same problem with my parents with my Mustang I was wanting to get a turbo and they said hell no because my cousin told them it would make it about as fast as anythig they have every drove in thier life (Already was faster than horse poop 5spd, headers, ram air induction, ect..) and basically they said hell no becuase they had to take it out of the bank for me I then showed them this and they believed me so wne t ahead and bought it installed it they drove it and could'nt really feel all that much although excelrated a whole hell of alot faster but they didnt punch it it worked and I still have it in my car today so I am just hoping I won the 50 bucks LOL HEHE but still dont really care all that much if I didnt but My parents arent easy to trick and it worked on them.

Be honest with them, tell them that this is just a modification, you won't be racing, it is just for looks. Then you can go on and explain that you are interested in performance automobiles, and that this is kinda like playing baseball or basketball. You can always ask them to compromise, so maybe now get a few other parts and tell them if you can show them that you will be responsible now, that you can be trusted in the future. TRUST and parents are like two birds of a feather, they aren't going to let you get anything if they can't trust you. So basically try to compromise with them. Keep your $50 and spend it on a present for your parents, you may need a little bribary.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Just explain what a supercharger does, how it works, and why you want it. For the why you want it part, tell them that it gives your engine a good sound and is much better looking in shows. PLUS it is a WHOLE lot safer than NOS.

No matter what you tell them, they are going to have to TRUST you. You already told them the capabilities of the supercharger. Now it is up to you to get their trust. They aren't gonna by some silly bullcrap. They want you to be honest with them. Ask yourself this one question. "Why don't my parents want me to have the supercharger?" Your answer is definitely because of safety, they are worried that at a high rate of speed you are more capable of killing yourself. You can't expect to start off big, just tell them your truck is already fast and that you don't rip and rare on it. You simply want to make modifications for show, people do it all the time and don't race. Like I said before, compromise with them, start with the intake or exhaust system, then work your way to the supercharger. If all else fails, "what moma don't know don't hurt her" Hey who else are you gonna take advise from, I have kids, I think like a parent.

Well, so far my favorite one is by "beastyle". The rest of it probably will not work but his argument of "Also clearify that when you go on your own that you would still do it then if its not allowed now, why bother forbidding if you know eventually it will happen anyway.. better with your parents controlling it (ahum) then you on you own, alone." is something I like a lot. I molded it more to fit my case. I said that when I am 18 and if they either do not give me the truck or it has not yet been supercharged then I will just buy a cheap 1970 424 Mustang without airbags and race the hell out of it. Suddenly, a supercharged 5500 pound truck with airbags just does not seem that bad, especially since they own the majority of the truck and they have control over my driving abilities with it. I gave them the idea and for the first time they said they will think it over. I like your idea "beastyle", I like it a lot. I just hope my parents like the idea just as much. If your idea works out I'll keep you updated. You have the best idea of everyone I have heard from yet. Plz give me your e-mail so I can let you know if it works out or not. Thank you. Also, everyone keep trying. This one has a chance of not working as well, so if it does not work, the next person with one that works will get the 50 dollars.

Hey, I'm not in it for the $50, but you are going to have to earn your parents trust, if they think for one second you are gonna be out there drag racing, you can forget it. They will have to trust that you aren't getting it for that purpose.

Ow yes, I forgot that to //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Buy some turtle wax for that 50$ and make it shine extra fine //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I dont want the fee either, just helpin out

peace

A supercharger is always a great modification to a car or truck. You might want to keep the $50. I had a Vortech supercharger and it cost WELL over $2000. It was quality though and it added 250+ horses.

Umm.. you've already seen my perspective on this, as the father of a 17 yr old. "No friggin' way!" is what I told my own kid. That said....

Be aware that forced induction puts a lot of stress on an engine's rotating assembly. You need forged pistons and rods, good bearings, and a heavy duty cooling system if you want the motor to survive very long. A supercharger eats up half the horsepower it creates, in friction. That friction goes into making heat. Lots of it.

I don't know the motor you have, but a turbocharger is more efficient if you have the choice.

Good luck with your b.s. story.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

ArcaneParadise

10+ year member
ArcaneParadise
California
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from