XXX surround ripping from cone

Participant count
  • Participant list

phazeone
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
MiAmI,fL
i just looked in my trunk and i noticed the surround on my sub starting to rip from the cone ,.,.so i turned my radio on and watched it hit to see what it was doing and its seems to over excurding it self even tho its in a 1 cube sealed wit only roughly 1000 watts rms.the cone actually pops out from the surround when it hits hard ,.,.im just pissed cuz ima have to send it to recone now which ***** cuz i was about to buy a new amp for it but now i doubt it can handle the power from that amp if this sort of thing is happening wit what is a small amount of power compared to what everyone else on this board is running to it .,.,,.if anybody has any insite as to what could cause something like this to happen and if this has happend to anybody wit this sub before

thanx

"seems around 1100rms@1 ohm

not the 2200watts rms it claims"

how much exactly are you feeding the sub? if the amp is rated at 2200 watts rms, trust me, its feeding it that much (or as much as your electrical system will allow) regardless if you feel it or not. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/banghead.gif.8606515f668c74f6de0281deb475b6fd.gif

also the 1600 watts rms rating on the xxx is a thermal rating, does not mean it needs that much or CAN actually handle that much in your enclosure.

trust me it not 2200 watts no were near cuz i can barely get my se's going .,.,and i found why its ripping it had gotten wet when my trunk was leaking like 3 weeks ago it just slowly starting happening

not my first just all my other set-ups never had problems

ive ran pioneer,alpine type-r's and the se's and now the xxx

it is my first older car tho so u could blame it on that gettin my sub wet

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.