xm antennas

Participant count
  • Participant list

nismboy6986
10+ year member

the **** technician
can you get a xm antenna that you mount on the windows but its inside the car without it having bad reception? Even the low profile one from Terk looks dorky to me sticking outside the car so i think it would look a lot better inside the car placed in the middle of the back window

You can mount it inside under the window. Thats the way I have mine. It is less reliable however. You will experence more drop outs especially outside of populated area's where there arn't xm repeaters. Plus, if you have tint, it will reduce the sensitivity as well. As long as you center the antenna on the outside, it doesn't look bad, and as soon as it catches on, it'll be a fad anyway. You'll get ricers that put black half egg shaped things on their roof and not even have sat radio. I just cant stand it when i see people's antennas that aren't centered, like they offset the antenna to go around their "ar" logo. Lol

-Bryan

I might try painting it body color or something. anyway i seen the alpine acura rsx and it didn't look to bad on it but then again that car is so pretty you wouldn't even notice it anyway

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

nismboy6986

10+ year member
the **** technician
nismboy6986
Belhaven NC
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date