WTT-Two 12" SI Mags for 2 or 3 good 10s

Participant count
  • Participant list

Bartak1
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Nebraska
I cant really make these fit in the truck, or more like dont want to make them fit, so I need to downsize a bit.

What I have. Two GEN. 2 12" Stereo Integrity Mags. These are the older TC9 based versions. Performance wise they are perfect, coils check out right on a DMM, no mechanical damage etc. Costmetically they arent the best looking, but not horrible. I bought both used and previous owners didnt seem to care about how they looked to much, nor did they know how to use a screwdriver without puckering up the gaskets good. They've been passed through a few hands before I got ahold of them, so its understandable.

One of them is a logoless version. On the surround it has a small scuff mark about the size of an eraser on a pencil, and the gasket is chewed up around the screw holes. The back side of the motor is a little scratched and not real shiney looking. With a new gasket this thing would really look pretty good mounted in a box though, definatley the better looking of the two.

The second one HAS a logo on it. Again, the gasket isnt in perfect shape. On the cone and dustcap there are spots where it looks like they may have gotten water on them, and the first one or two layers of paper peeled off. The surround has a few 'layers' missing in spots too. I really have no idea what would have caused this, it was like it when I got it though. Nothing that affects the performance, just doesnt look the best.

Now what Im looking for-

Two or Three good 10" subs to take the place of these. Must be of good quality and fairly good shape. Looking for something that has great SQ but will still get loud when I want it too. Im wanting all of them to work in a smaller sealed enclosure-1.25ish for all of them would be great.

And finally they need to work well off my XXK1500; 900 watts at 4 ohm and 1000 at 2 ohm.

I will try to get some pics up shortly

Let me know what you have, thanks!

Here are some pics of the one with the logo I just took. Sorry about the pic quality, Im not much of a photographer....

S6300191.jpg

S6300193.jpg

S6300199.jpg

S6300201.jpg

And since the other one (logoless) is installed in the truck I cant get a pic of it right now, but I have these pics from awhile ago,-looks exactley the same, you will have to follow the link...

http://www.f150online.com/galleries/pictureview.cfm?pnum=156086&anum=6376

http://www.f150online.com/galleries/pictureview.cfm?pnum=156087&anum=6376

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Bartak1

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
Bartak1
Nebraska
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date