WTT: Soundstream Dtr1.3400.1 for 3k @ 1 ohm

Status
Not open for further replies.

bgowdy
5,000+ posts

Heroes are remembered, but legends never die
I dont want to make dup threads but the other thread was cluttered with random post.

So i have a Soundstream Dtr13400.1. rated 3400rms @ .5ohm, and 2200 @ 1ohm. the dtr3400 clamped 2,689 r@ 1.2 ohm on 12.9 volts by "taylorfade". i am looking for a amp that puts out around 3k @ 1 ohm.

[quote name='Durango03']just picked up one of these but have yet to receive it.. what was your take on the amp?[/QUOTE]

honestly i like the amp alot. havnt had any problems from it since i got it. im just needing more power at 1 ohm. again if i had a dual 1 sub to wire to .5 ohm id keep the amp. alot of people say they wont do rated but they do do. @TaylorFade clamped them wired from .5 rise 1.2 ohm it 2,689 @ on 12.9 volts, also another guy clamped one wired from 1 ohm rise to 2.4 ohms and still got over 2k out of it. so if you can keep rise down i think it will do every bit of rated.

Actually, drop was to 12.1v. Lol. Bad *** amp. Good luck with your trade. I'm actually considering getting another pair.
Plan to run 4 subs off this amp @.5 ohms. using 1/0 wire, big 3, stock alt, and (2) c&d tech batteries. There isnt going to be an issue with rise?

ok, so it sounds like the way to get the most out of my subs would be to put up a second one of these and just run 2 per amp @ 1ohm? Running skar vvx-12's btw.

Sorry to thread jack OP, last question, promise! Btw, any interested in selling for cash? If so PM what your looking to get for it as it seems I may be in the market for another...

Actually, drop was to 12.1v. Lol. Bad *** amp. Good luck with your trade. I'm actually considering getting another pair.
lol my bad i was going off of memory. hell that makes it better then seeing thats even lower voltage lol

[quote name='Durango03']Plan to run 4 subs off this amp @.5 ohms. using 1/0 wire, big 3, stock alt, and (2) c&d tech batteries. There isnt going to be an issue with rise?[/QUOTE]

like @disturbed471985 said you cant stop rise. you can however cut it down. like short sepaker wire and bigger speaker wire(say 8 gauge) wont rise as much as the normal 12gauge that ppl run. thats what i read and was told and there are some other tricks to help but wont stop it completely. like in my system my speaker wire from speaker to amp totals about 1.8, maybe 2 max ft long, and its 6 gauge wire. so that sorta helps cut down on my rise.

ok, so it sounds like the way to get the most out of my subs would be to put up a second one of these and just run 2 per amp @ 1ohm? Running skar vvx-12's btw.
Sorry to thread jack OP, last question, promise! Btw, any interested in selling for cash? If so PM what your looking to get for it as it seems I may be in the market for another...
no prob man. i dont get mad over thread jacking lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...