WTB: Xtant 1.1i or other MONO amp that will do ~100-125W at 4 Ohms full range

Participant count
  • Participant list
Status
Not open for further replies.

trumpet
5,000+ posts

Barry Schanz
I got to looking for tiny full range amps last night and the Xtant 1.1i came up. I want to use a full range mono or very small 2-channel amp bridged to power a 2-way passive center channel. I already have a 2-channel amp that would be acceptable, but I'd like to see if anyone has an amp that's small enough to hide behind my dash. Budget is $50 plus shipping, but that can be flexible for a special amp.

I have a Pioneer gm-x352 that's practically mint and works great. It's pretty small. I would take 40 for it shipped. Let me know if you have any questions.

Ill take a look to see what I have tomorrow, and see what I may have that would work in that$ range..Pretty slimm though for 100-125 watts though..Yet, Ill look to see what I have, and let you know

I have a Pioneer gm-x352 that's practically mint and works great. It's pretty small. I would take 40 for it shipped. Let me know if you have any questions.
I should have said mentioned it but the amp I already have is almost identical to your Pioneer amp in dimensions and power ratings. I'm really hoping someone has a super tiny amp, otherwise I'll just mount my amp in the trunk.

I will murder myself for this later if you take me up on it, but I have a Linear Power 652iq that will do that much bridged @ 4.
I looked over the manual for that amp and they specifically advise against mounting it in the dash due to interference, so it sounds like that one is out. I might have to scratch the whole idea in that case and just put my amp in the trunk.

I should have said mentioned it but the amp I already have is almost identical to your Pioneer amp in dimensions and power ratings. I'm really hoping someone has a super tiny amp, otherwise I'll just mount my amp in the trunk.
Ok, no problem. I just thought that I'd check. As small as I've had in a while. Good luck.

I looked over the manual for that amp and they specifically advise against mounting it in the dash due to interference, so it sounds like that one is out. I might have to scratch the whole idea in that case and just put my amp in the trunk.
Well... I have an even smaller one that would be easy as crap to hide in the dash, but I don't know if it would be enough power for you. It's the little Linear 402. I as going to use it as an "ambiance" tweeter amp, but I'm sticking with a 2 way.

Well, I dont have anything that small for that $ with that much power..All I have small is like an old school Concord 20.2 Digital Ref series,deff not in the power range

Status
Not open for further replies.
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...