WTB Single Din Radio Max $85 Shipped

5.3bowtie
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Hi guys,

Looking for a cheap single din radio to install in my daily as my CDA 9833 seems to have taken a dump on the right side speaker channels. Max I am willing to spend is $85 INCLUDING SHIPPING. Let me know what you got!

I SHOULD MENTION I WOULD PREFER AN ALPINE RADIO OF THE SAME DESIGN AS MY 9833 SO THAT MY IPOD ADAPTERS AND SUCH WILL STILL PLUG IN......but I will entertain other brands if an Ipod adapter is not too expensive......

Thanks!

Thomas

Last edited by a moderator:
Back in my deck collecting days ..I’d love to have one ..it looks very nice and would be fun to experiment with
I went ahead and got it just to play around with it.....Came in yesterday and the wiring harness still hasnt come in even though it was sposed to be here yesterday and the HU wasnt sposed to be here till monday lol. Also bought a rca to 3.5mm cord since thats how the aux works on this...Not sure how long ill keep it with it not having USB/BT although there is a BT adapter for it but it just plugs into the aux's rca.

It came with original manual and fold out quick setup paper, remote (freaking fat lil thing looks like an old tv remote lol) 1 new faceplate/case and original faceplate/case

You kids and your BT, lol. Reminds me of FM modulation.

As mediocre as BT sounds I just can't see that being the factor that makes or breaks a purchase. Now, lack of USB I can understand.

I remember feeling the same as you did about that remote when I got my DRX9575RZ back in 1999, but it will grow on you for the way it feels in your hand. It's comfortable. Way better than those credit card remotes with their failing metal contact buttons.

Have fun with it, $70 was a steal for that deck. Like anything, the touch screen and menu list has a learning curve to it but hang in there. Once you become familiar with the different operating modes (easy, pro, etc...), you can begin to unlock the real potential and see the value in an 'old' piece like that. Shoot me a PM if you have a question or want some help with it.

I went ahead and got it just to play around with it.....Came in yesterday and the wiring harness still hasnt come in even though it was sposed to be here yesterday and the HU wasnt sposed to be here till monday lol. Also bought a rca to 3.5mm cord since thats how the aux works on this...Not sure how long ill keep it with it not having USB/BT although there is a BT adapter for it but it just plugs into the aux's rca.
It came with original manual and fold out quick setup paper, remote (freaking fat lil thing looks like an old tv remote lol) 1 new faceplate/case and original faceplate/case
It looked like an impressive deck ..I was wanting it also but I currently have 100+ decks in my collection and decided to hold out ..I hope you enjoy it ..I’m sure you will ...

You kids and your BT, lol. Reminds me of FM modulation.
As mediocre as BT sounds I just can't see that being the factor that makes or breaks a purchase. Now, lack of USB I can understand.

I remember feeling the same as you did about that remote when I got my DRX9575RZ back in 1999, but it will grow on you for the way it feels in your hand. It's comfortable. Way better than those credit card remotes with their failing metal contact buttons.

Have fun with it, $70 was a steal for that deck. Like anything, the touch screen and menu list has a learning curve to it but hang in there. Once you become familiar with the different operating modes (easy, pro, etc...), you can begin to unlock the real potential and see the value in an 'old' piece like that. Shoot me a PM if you have a question or want some help with it.
Yeah i kinda like how the remote feels and ill get in touch with you if i have any questions and BT rocks just for the simple fact that it auto connects and starts playing as soon as i turn the key

It looked like an impressive deck ..I was wanting it also but I currently have 100+ decks in my collection and decided to hold out ..I hope you enjoy it ..I’m sure you will ...
Thats crazy lol bet you have some pretty neat ones!

Yeah i kinda like how the remote feels and ill get in touch with you if i have any questions and BT rocks just for the simple fact that it auto connects and starts playing as soon as i turn the key 

Thats crazy lol bet you have some pretty neat ones!
I’m planning on doing an old school deck thread with pics soon and will start posting some ..watch for it ..because your deck would be perfect ..but I have some neat decks ..from the 70s to modern ..id love to have more but you can only have so many ..lol

I’m planning on doing an old school deck thread with pics soon and will start posting some ..watch for it ..because your deck would be perfect ..but I have some neat decks ..from the 70s to modern ..id love to have more but you can only have so many ..lol
That will be awesome seeing some of the older ones. Id like to get my hands on one of those single din eqs again just because the displays look so cool.

But FM and CD and USB start playing the instant you turn the key, too. lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.