WTB MB Quart 1500

Participant count
  • Participant list
i got thread jacked lol. Im prbly gonna put in a batt cuz i don't have the money for a new alt. and I'm running an apsm 1300 right now. but my obsidian 15 wants more power lol. ik I'm not making the 1k on the apsm right now. but after the battery i should be close. is it worth it to sell the apsm 1330 to buy a mb quart 1500? i don't wanna be constantly re coning tho.

idk. i already have about 750 into my system. got a cadence 250.2 with alpine type r comps. plus a loc the oa 15 the apsm 1300 and a custom box. plus I'm using a distro block. all wired 4 gauge. don't wanna spend a whole lot more but to get the full 1k outta my amp i gotta get the batt. its all stock electric. in the future i might go to 2 12's that can take more power. but idk how i would do that cuz of the stock electric.

Imma noobie if u haven't noticed. just getting my feet wet in the hobby.

Ok well i have a higher quality powerbass asa 1500.1 that i would let go for $225 shipped will do around 1600@ 1 OHM

The electrical can be built on...

The 1st step is the big 3 to give better current flow

For 15-1600 RMS you really dont need much more than stock and an extra battery "as long as its a decent battery"

k. i was going to go with an agm. idk what kind. and i forgot to include the big 3. i have some 2/0 welding cable that I'm going to use. just gotta figure out how imma run it all. find my ground. that kinda stuff.

and ik in this hobby u always want more. so I'm thinking bout the future of putting in a nicer system. maybe a single 12 that can handle a lot of power. or 2 12's because i think two looks a little nicer. so how many watts u think i could get away with with the big 3 and a nice batt?

---------- Post added at 01:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:25 PM ----------

I'm running 1 ohm right now. could hit more at .5 but the apsm can't take that

and ik in this hobby u always want more. so I'm thinking bout the future of putting in a nicer system. maybe a single 12 that can handle a lot of power. or 2 12's because i think two looks a little nicer. so how many watts u think i could get away with with the big 3 and a nice batt? 

---------- Post added at 01:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:25 PM ----------

I'm running 1 ohm right now. could hit more at .5 but the apsm can't take that
Thats all dependant again

My personal recomendation would be XS power for your batt great Customer service great product

But its true in this hobby you always wanna go bigger and better

Consider my powerbass man

i used to run it @ .5 OHM on 2 OZ Matrix Elites :)

1 reason i say this is because i owned a MB Quart Discus 1500.1

The powerbass replaced it when it blew

nice lol. yeah i want a really nice sub like an ascendant audio mayhem. or something that can run a lot of power. but i would slowly save the money to get a bigger amp. but i don't think my cars electric could handle 2500w even with an extra batt or 2 plus the big 3. could it?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.