WTB: Good pair of 6x9 coaxials for less than $100

Participant count
  • Participant list

imp4pdabest
10+ year member

I GOT DA BURNA
I need to find my dad a good pair 6x9 coaxials for his '79 C-10. He's old school & all he cares about is midbass. I'm tired of seeing him spend money on lower line models made by Kenwood, Alpine, Pioneer, etc. The better the midbass, the better the speakers in this setup. Comps are out of the question since he refuses to have any tweeters visible(he won't budge from this). The speakers will be powered by a JBL MS-A1004 which is 100w x 4 @ 4ohms rms, so powering them will not be a problem.

I recently bought him the Boston Acoustics SE95's but returned them because 'in his opinion' the midbass was still lacking a little. Right now I'm half in on buying these Pioneer TS-D6902R 6x9's:

Pioneer TS-D6902R 6"x9" 2-way car speakers at Crutchfield.com

But it's worth a shot to see what else is out there. So offer up people. Maximum budget is $100 since I can get those Pioneers shipped for less than $100. I can also offer trade items for people that prefer to trade. Post what you have here or send me a PM, whichever you prefer. Thank you.

There showing 179$ for me.
Well of course they're much higher on that site. I only used the Crutchfield site to provide specs. They can be found for less than $100 shipped brand new w/warranty at numerous online stores. I even know of a local shop to get them for $87 brand new w/warranty.

I wouldn't advertise that as that's way below MAP and if Pioneer found out the dealer would be in troubbbbllleee.

The D-series 6x9 have a decent amount of mid-bass. In the right car they can sound like a small 10"

I wouldn't advertise that as that's way below MAP and if Pioneer found out the dealer would be in troubbbbllleee.
The D-series 6x9 have a decent amount of mid-bass. In the right car they can sound like a small 10"
They can be found for less than $100 shipped at numerous sites. A quick eBay search and you'll find numerous stores selling them for less than than $100 shipped. I'm pretty sure Pioneer would find out about these other stores before they come across my post. But the fact that numerous stores have them for less than $100 shipped tells you something.

Just because eBay, or other online "retailers" have it for under $100, doesn't mean they are authorized dealers and that Pioneer is aware of it. Brick and mortar shops that are authorized are supposed to follow the MAP pricing. I know personally of shops who've had Pioneer pull their product from their stores for selling below MAP price, that simple.

Just because eBay, or other online "retailers" have it for under $100, doesn't mean they are authorized dealers and that Pioneer is aware of it. Brick and mortar shops that are authorized are supposed to follow the MAP pricing. I know personally of shops who've had Pioneer pull their product from their stores for selling below MAP price, that simple.
All of this is irrelevant. Like I said, Pioneer has a lot more to do than to worry about me telling people where their products can be found for less. The odds of Pioneer ever seeing this thread = +93,000. If Pioneer has a problem with companies selling their products for cheap, that's their problem. And these stores have been selling Pioneer products for cheap. If Pioneer really had a problem with this, something would have been done already. One way or another, myself and others will continue to buy products from these companies as long as they continue to offer great products at competitive prices. Now either be contributing to the purpose of this thread or be on your way.

You might try the Rockford Fosgate Prime 6x9's I bought a set b/c it was one of the very few that would fit in my factory spot. The have very good mid bass in my trunk im just running them off my head unit.

You might try the Rockford Fosgate Prime 6x9's I bought a set b/c it was one of the very few that would fit in my factory spot. The have very good mid bass in my trunk im just running them off my head unit.
Thanks but I'm not a fan of RF speakers.

Never said they were going to see this post, but hey, I did....hmmm maybe I should look up the dealer near you and have em take a look at them (not saying that I am actually going to do this, but that's all it takes is one dealer seeing that another is not playing by the rules, and reporting it).

I was contributing to your thread by commenting on the quality of the d-series speakers until you took my smaller comment and went off topic with it. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.