WTB either 5.25's or 5x7s

Participant count
  • Participant list

Rich00
10+ year member

Old timer
I need a pair of either 5.25's or 5x7 for my exploder. I have kinda thought twice about a sub right now money is too tight for sub, box, amp, install stuff. So Im looking for a set of 5.25 either comps or coax or 5x7 coax. My price range is less than $100 shipped I wont be spending $100 either hopefully.

I could probably get a pair of Hypnotic HV5's for like $60 shipped if you'd be interested. Maybe lower, not sure how much my buddy is actually wanting for them. I can probably get pictures and everything tomorrow, if you're interested.

yeah i traded you a RE SR 15" i think. I got that little rockford 10" How are these speakers are they decent and do they really need an amp? I thought about putting my newly acquired rx57 boston rallye series in front and whatever other set i get in back doors. Just worried a comp set may do better in front.

They're decent. Honestly, I think they need one of those speaker cups/baffles, on the mids 'cause they seemed to lack whenever I had them installed in my car. (It was most likely the install itself though.) The tweets are a little harsh for my ears, I just don't like the way aluminum dome tweeters sound though. I've got a comp set in my car right now, before I had just coaxials. Unless you're going for an SQ setup, there's no real need for the components up front. My buddy had these installed in the doors (mids), and the B-Pillar (tweets), didn't sound too bad, but definitely lacked in the midrange with those tweets right next to your ears... You definitely don't need to amp them either. I had them running on headunit power the entire time I had them installed, sounded decent, and got loud. I was able to keep up with the sub stage the entire time.

I have to pass on those I can't do harsh tweets anymore. Thanks for the offer. Scored a 4 channel today 60x4 so prob just rear fill a 5x7 or a 5.25 coax set I want to make these boston my front stage if they dont sound good enough not out much.

I have to pass on those I can't do harsh tweets anymore. Thanks for the offer. Scored a 4 channel today 60x4 so prob just rear fill a 5x7 or a 5.25 coax set I want to make these boston my front stage if they dont sound good enough not out much.
No problem man, I felt you needed to know my honest opinion. If they're the Boston's I'm thinking of, you'll be happy with them. I used to have 2 sets of FX93's in my Mystique, and for 6x9's, they were surprisingly good for a front stage. (My Mystique has 6x9's all around, **** stock Ford's).

i got 2 sets of eclipse 5x7s used in my explorer liked them they are 50 rms each only used for about a month or two off of rockford 40x4 so never abused them

can do 80 shipped for both sets if yuor interested

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.