wtb custom mounts

Participant count
  • Participant list

bump465

Senior VIP Member
Arizona
looking for someone to contact about mounts for my speakers. Nothin fancy just a peice of wood i can fit into my door "map holders." someone reputable preferably its only for 4 inch speakers but i want it ported by someone who knows what theyre doing.

Havent updated anything here in a while. I live in denver co now. I honestly would prefer sealed or I.B. but I want to be able to smell my coils. I have no idea what 4s should be ported at but manufacturer data sheet says 70 hertz.
http://i1042.photobucket.com/albums/b424/dh465/cdt/IMG_20160611_111833_zpsnfijwygw.jpg
Loll. You dont Want to smell coils. If your set up properly. You should never be burning coils and you can invert a sub and it plays exactly the same. Run sealed. Invert your sub.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Loll. You dont Want to smell coils. If your set up properly. You should never be burning coils and you can invert a sub and it plays exactly the same. Run sealed. Invert your sub.
Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk
I certainly do want the ability to smell my coils. No **** it's not supposed to burn but I think we all push our equipment harder than we should at times wether we mean to or not. The location will not allow me to invert. Plus I don't want to invert them. Lol not a sub.

Not asking for opnions. Just a good person to contact.

I'm working on locating someone in Denver area who I would recommend.

If you're heating up 4" or other midrange speakers to the point of smelling the coils you're doing something very wrong. I've run nearly 100W RMS per side to 4" mids and tweeters on passive crossovers. I installed the mids on the door panels to play into a small cavity that was lightly filled with a 3M acoustic insulation product that resembles cotton batting. They were getting no bass, so even under heavy use they were never stressed to the point of heating up excessively or moving like the cones wanted to jump out.

If this unsolicited advice is unwelcome I will stop. I'm just trying to help.

I'm working on locating someone in Denver area who I would recommend.
If you're heating up 4" or other midrange speakers to the point of smelling the coils you're doing something very wrong. I've run nearly 100W RMS per side to 4" mids and tweeters on passive crossovers. I installed the mids on the door panels to play into a small cavity that was lightly filled with a 3M acoustic insulation product that resembles cotton batting. They were getting no bass, so even under heavy use they were never stressed to the point of heating up excessively or moving like the cones wanted to jump out.

If this unsolicited advice is unwelcome I will stop. I'm just trying to help.
I unfortunately sometimes do things very wrong. I try not to, but iv saved my speakers more than once because of smell. I know it's bad but if it comes to that I would rather not have them sealed up. Unless it's going to make them sound awful but I figured I wouldn't have a spec sheet if it wasn't appropriate.

I suppose I don't see any issues with it, if there are genuine reasons to avoid this route I'll listen. But don't tell me no without a reason why.

I would love to get that guys info from you when you get it. Thank you.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.