WTB Component speakers!!!

Participant count
  • Participant list

cfox10
10+ year member

Rock the house.
I'm looking for a set of components to match my 80prs and 4 gcons. Hopefully the price is right, looking for under 250 if possible. Don't offer me prices higher than those on amazon or sonic, my local shop will gladly offer those higher prices for me.

Looking for something that will do well in an environment that's not sealed too well. I need more midbass.

Let the offers pile in!

We are having a sale on our cdt 62 sets this month $185 shipped. Bnib
Any idea of how those would do compared to my db6501's that are laying around? or the Mmat pro 6.5's I just got rid of? I felt those two lacked some midbass.

most cdt comp sets have pretty good mid bass even with out deadening your doors ,but if you are really looking for decent midbass from your components and considering cdt ,then look at the hd series or the mb series

Any idea of how those would do compared to my db6501's that are laying around? or the Mmat pro 6.5's I just got rid of? I felt those two lacked some midbass.
Who installed them? Was the door deadened at all? Did you use foam seals to bridge the gap between the plastic panel and the inner door sheet metal? Good midbass will only result from a careful installation. Even mediocre mids will kick pretty well when installed properly.

Who installed them? Was the door deadened at all? Did you use foam seals to bridge the gap between the plastic panel and the inner door sheet metal? Good midbass will only result from a careful installation. Even mediocre mids will kick pretty well when installed properly.
Installed into fiberglass pods (the car doesn't have stock door speakers. The pods were made by a guy on a local spl team that's been doing fiberglass work for a long while. I don't know what all went into them, how well they are sealed off from the door itself. Guess it's time to rip em' apart and go from there. My girlfriends car that has basic components sound like they have better midbass. I sealed those up with sheet metal and deadening material though.

Installed into fiberglass pods (the car doesn't have stock door speakers. The pods were made by a guy on a local spl team that's been doing fiberglass work for a long while. I don't know what all went into them, how well they are sealed off from the door itself. Guess it's time to rip em' apart and go from there. My girlfriends car that has basic components sound like they have better midbass. I sealed those up with sheet metal and deadening material though.
Well, it sounds like you know what you're doing. I just bought the mids in my sig. The set they come in would do you nicely, I imagine. Pm me if interested, I'll point you in the right direction. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Like mylows was saying cdt does well in the midbass area. The HD series would to a little better. But are outside your budget. I think you would be presently surprised with the CL-62 set.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.