WTB: 15in sub CONE/ recone parts

Participant count
  • Participant list

abrhino
10+ year member

Big White King Kong
middle TN
lookin for a Shallow subwoofer cone.. gonna build a custom 9515G and wanna prevent it from bottoming out. needs to fit 3in coil.. will consider HDC3 cones, alum cones, composites.. anything, throw it at me!! im building a woofer to take 2 sundown saz3000d's at .5 strapped and burping at 44hz!

already shot him a email.. me and my box guru were talkin tonight after we cut the 9515 up and decided i needed a more shallow cone because the paper one hits the spider landing when burping 4000+watts.. dave is definately my #1 option right now, but i figured some unique composite cone + super stiff spiders and new DD Coils would be a sexy homeade woofer.

i dont understand! how is the cone hitting the spiders? all you will need to do is stack multiple spiders and that b1tch wont bottom out. it will require a little break in period though.

i get a white ring on the bottom side of the paper cone .. when u push down really hard u can see where it hits the spider landing.

well imma have to pass on Daves recone.. he didnt have a option other than a standard pulp cone, i could just go DD standard recone if i wanted to do that.. anyone got a AQ cone??

You are going to have a hard time finding composite cones... Try pierce audio products.. IIRC he has them...

If you are going with standard pressed pulp I've got them for 1/2 what PSI wants... stiff spiders too...

i had a Standard DD 9515G basket and spiders. maybe i can have DD build a stiffer suspension, but i still get the white ring on the underside of the cone where the paper hits the landing.. my AQ HDC3 did this tooo.. my DC didnt but i never got to abuse it

try a different basket/stiffer spiders. 12 spokes are cheap and allow for a bigger spider than the standard DD style basket

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.