wtb 12in sub box

Participant count
  • Participant list

basswiigee

CarAudio.com Veteran
MICHIGAN
looking to buy a quad 12s box that will fit inside a 05 cobalt, atrend has one, two firing up, two firing front, that would work, but freight charges would kill me, prefer local pick up or if seller pays shipping... must be atleast 3/4 mdf... local box builders contact via pm, michigan... new builds price open, used boxes under a $100...

Depending on the space you have I may be able to get a DIY Kit, but I have a hard time seeing 4 12" subs fitting unless you go sealed.
diy is fine, sealed enclosure is fine, what type of price

space i have,

must be under 32in wide

less than 14in tall

depth id like to keep under 23in

which is why i kinda looked towards that prefab...

I've been hearing very good things about double07 & dbeez on here... they are not as far away, maybe shipping wouldn't be too bad? Worth a look into ;-)

Even if you make the box as big as possible given your above mentioned dimensions, you'd only get about 4.75 cubic feet of interior volume Before sub and port displacement. It would be better to run two properly ported 12's vs 4 in a crammed box.

If you wanna go sealed though that should be do-able.

diy is fine, sealed enclosure is fine, what type of pricespace i have,

must be under 32in wide

less than 14in tall

depth id like to keep under 23in

which is why i kinda looked towards that prefab...
Building something with in those guidelines is possible going sealed. Might get a little interesting with sub locations since your are limited in depth.

If you go sealed with max dims I could do a fully built enclosure for around $175(ish) shipped to your door.

Even if you make the box as big as possible given your above mentioned dimensions, you'd only get about 4.75 cubic feet of interior volume Before sub and port displacement. It would be better to run two properly ported 12's vs 4 in a crammed box.
yes sealed, one from atrend is a little smaller with a little over 1cuft per sub

heres my thing, atrend box, i could have shipped to cartunes, out the door 129.95, don't really want prefab, but would like to stay in that price range... or less... but that would also take over a week, trying to install this weekend!

probably would do that, had i had better subs... 3013ps

You won't likely find a custom enclosure at the same price of a pre-fab and there are several reasons for that.
i got a serious question, found one for $60, but its 5/8s mdf, my speaker box says use 3/4mdf, would this work if i reenforced it?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.