With out a birth sheet on a underrated amp, (SAZ-1500D) how can I find maximum gain?

timma100
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
the 1500D does well over rated power with a good electrical system. I have seen the SMD clipping tool on youtube and other places, but is that the only surefire way to max my gain and BB with out clipping my amp? I know I could use a DMM and match the voltage output with the circuit load to achieve rated power output but I know the AMP has more to (safely) give.

the o-scope is what u want, so you can see the wave. Although i will tell u ull need to watch quite a few youtubes to learn how to use an oscope lol im a biomed major, it took me a min to understand it, some of the digital ones still give me trouble

the o-scope is what u want, so you can see the wave. Although i will tell u ull need to watch quite a few youtubes to learn how to use an oscope lol im a biomed major, it took me a min to understand it, some of the digital ones still give me trouble
I actually use O-Scopes a lot, but they are the size of a briefcase. Would the SMD clipping tool suffice? Its much cheaper than a portable O-Scope

I actually use O-Scopes a lot, but they are the size of a briefcase. Would the SMD clipping tool suffice? Its much cheaper than a portable O-Scope
some poeple are gonna say yes and others are gonna say no..i have a DD-1 and i like it. havent had any problems yet using it

A Fluke o-scope and a Ground Zero GZPA 2.20000SPL-HC are going to be the first thing I buy when I win the lotto. I'm going to use the amp to power one of those Wal-Mart Pyle Bandpass boxes.

I think the DD-1 will suffice for what you need done.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.