Winshield tint, how dark?

comparison for the original poster. the 15% was dark at times, but with sun you could see in, thats why i got 5%, you cant see in no mater what shines on my truck

20.jpg

15.jpg

5.jpg

anymore pics would be great. maybe someone has some pics of looking out through the windshield at night. im thinking 35% is what ill go with but just want to make sure

comparison for the original poster. the 15% was dark at times, but with sun you could see in, thats why i got 5%, you cant see in no mater what shines on my truck
Is that your daily driver? If so, how do you drive at night or in the rain?

Anyways, here in Massachusetts, the darkest you can have is 35% on all windows except the windshield, which you can only have the strip 6".

My buddy had 5% all around and 20% on the windshield and got pulled over for it the first week he put it on.

I would check out Tint Dude for your state's specific laws.

- Bill

ok here goes one hella long post.

Is that your daily driver? If so, how do you drive at night or in the rain?
the explorer was my daily driver for about 2 years, its getting bags on it now, but when that and the system is done, ill be driving it for a while...i drove it with the tint (double 5 on the sides too) for 2 years, and not one ticket or accident. im not gonna say i havent came close to 1 or 2 wrecks though.

and rain + night is a *****. if its raining hard enough, even in the day sometimes (if the suns covered up by clowds) i have to pull over lol...thats with the 5% though. with the 20 and 15 there wasent a problem. at first itll look hella dark cuase your not used to it, but a day later your eye's adjust to it. i could drive with the sides painted black if i wanted, cuase at night, my sides (double 5) is just like a black mirrior, all i see if my reflection, and barely other peoples lights lol.

trey in the pic with 20% does that also have a 5% strip? thanks for the comparison also
i only got the strip on the 5% because i had the 20% and 15% for like 3 months each, and just wanted darker, so i figured since i got 5, theres no way im doing darker, so i just got the strip. on my old explorer i had 35% mirrior, very light and easy to see out of. the 20% and 15% black tint is easy too.

heres some inside pics, i found these all in photobucket lol.

first off, heres my daily driver. 5% all around, 15% windshield, and 5% strip over the 15% windshield. this is a good pic of it. i can get one at night for you tomorow if you want.

tint1-1.jpg

outside. the 15 on this is darker than the 15 was on my truck, cuase my truck has a tan interior, while the mini has black.

mini2.jpg

my truck:

back window is double 5, front is single 5 (i tinted the rears first, why, idk)

5_and_double5.jpg

5% windshield, no strip yet, and 5% on sides, this was before the double 5 on the fronts

5windshieldagain.jpg

5 front, double 5 sides, night. flash makes it look darker, but its still pretty **** dark lol

5percentinside2.jpg

side down

5percentinside.jpg

outside:

outside-530pm.jpg

outside same spot, thru 5% windshield

inside-530-pm.jpg

this is prally the best pic of the 5% at night, no flash, with headlights on

5percentinside4.jpg

it only let me host 10 pics at a time, heres the rest of my post

and last but not least, back when i had 15%

outside

outside2-640pm.jpg

same spot, but thru 15% windshield

tint2-inside-640pm.jpg

on the road with 15% at night, no flash on camera, yes, headlights are on. pic makes it look a lil darker than it really was.

night2.jpg

**** that was a long post lol. hopefully itll help u decide what you want. i cant find any pics of my old explorer with the 35% mirrior tint, but i only did the mirrior becuase the sides had factory mirrior tint, so i matched it. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

oh and here's a pic of a bmw we used to have, it had like 50% on the windshield, and 5% on the sides. it was barely tinted and hella easy from the inside, and you can sorta tell its tinted from the outside.

but all in all, i liked the 15 and 5 best on my truck, i like the 15 on my mini, but the truck...is just rediculous lol

thanks for all the pics, the bmw one isnt working but thats ok. i know im gonna replace my 20% all around for 5% and depending at what the place near me has probably something around 20%. thanks again for all the pics

i have a 5% strip on my truck right now, can tint just be put over the tint or do i have to get the strip redone?

im gonna stop by a couple places tommorow how much should i roughly expect to pay for my extended cab ranger to get tinted?

i wouldnt say more than 100-115 for the whole thing...i paid 180 for 5 all around, and the windshield, but since then ive retinted, added the double layers, etc...ive got like 650 in tint...lol...he hooks me up tho cuase ive refered like 10 friends to him, and ive been back to him at least 10 times, with both my cars, and like 8 times for my truck...everytime i go, hes like MORE TINT!?!?!?!?!?!

id just re do your strip, or you can tint over it or start at the bottom and tint down from that, but that would bother me, becuase you will prally see the line on the outside of the glass of where the tint meets, i like to have the whole thing tinted as one, and the strip behind that layer, so you cant even see the strip from outside barely.

i didnt even think of that, getting the strip on top of tint would make more sense. i hope they remove old tint for free or cheap but ill find out when i give them a call

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.