Will this work?

Participant count
  • Participant list
i am not familiar with either model... what are the specs...rms watts & ohms for the subs and the amp. how many voice coils and the ohms for each and how many channels is the amp.

The subs are dual 4 ohms and can handle 350 RMS. The amp is a mono 400 RMS at 4 ohms and 600 watts at 2 ohms, 2 ohm stable class D.

with two DVC 4ohm subs you will get either a 4 ohm or 1 ohm load for a mono amp. in your case (4 ohm the only option) that means 200w rms to each sub. 150w below their rms rating but should sound pretty good. but i think those subs are power hungry so they would be better off getting anywhere from 300w rms to 450w rms to play to their fullest potential. but, like i said before it sounds like a pretty good set up! you will not do any harm by underpowering your subs... just extending their life expectancy.

Check out what I found about this amp...

Speaker Output: This is a Class D subwoofer amplifier. There are two +/- pair of terminals, but they are connected together internally, and they provide mono output. If two 4-ohm speakers are connected, one to each set of terminals, the amplifier will see a 2-ohm load, because the terminals are internally connected in parallel with each other.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

bloodyogre

bloodyogre
NJ
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
imral3