will this work?

brafferty

CarAudio.com Elite
idaho
so i planned on running my amp for speakers to the back of the HU with speaker wire, and i have 2 pairs of comps i wanna install, but i didnt think about the crossover, and im curious if i need to modify my idea before i begin

Wat8.jpg

do you mean so you could tap into the old factory wire harness (which is located behind HU) and use those wires to send signal to your speakers??? Instead of running new wire to all your speakers from the amp to speaker ....

do you mean so you could tap into the old factory wire harness (which is located behind HU) and use those wires to send signal to your speakers??? Instead of running new wire to all your speakers from the amp to speaker ....
yes this is what i meant, i had to type fast because im at school and my teacher was about to lock up my screen (gotta love high school).... and i cant even see the image here so ill have to wait for that, but i was going to insert the speaker +'s and -'s from the amp into the +'s and -'s of the harness thats connected to the head unit, but i didnt even consider the crossover in my planning

not if it is actually plugged into the back of the HU....
so id have to run my amp signal directly to the crossover? or would i go to te speaker? the whole crossover thing messed up my whole thought process haha, ive only installed Coax

so id have to run my amp signal directly to the crossover? or would i go to te speaker? the whole crossover thing messed up my whole thought process haha, ive only installed Coax
When you have crossovers they either are wired to an amp or to the headunit.

If you want to amplify your speakers then it is:

Speakers -> Crossover -> Amp -> RCA -> Headunit

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk

When you have crossovers they either are wired to an amp or to the headunit.
If you want to amplify your speakers then it is:

Speakers -> Crossover -> Amp -> RCA -> Headunit

Oh ok, i think i see where i was confused, i wanna start with the speaker. I was thinking of starting with the amp, which is basically going to be the same thing, it just seemed off to me, but now im assuming that sends the signal of the amp into the crossover, and then the speaker, and then i hook the tweeters to the crossover as well correct? and what is the "input" sections on my crossover? (polk Db 6501)

Oh ok, i think i see where i was confused, i wanna start with the speaker. I was thinking of starting with the amp, which is basically going to be the same thing, it just seemed off to me, but now im assuming that sends the signal of the amp into the crossover, and then the speaker, and then i hook the tweeters to the crossover as well correct? and what is the "input" sections on my crossover? (polk Db 6501)
Input is the speaker wires from the amp.

When the headunit sends the source music to the amp it will then send to the crossover then to the speakers.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

brafferty

CarAudio.com Elite
brafferty
idaho
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from