Will balloons work?

Try it. Fill your box half full of great stuff and see if nothing changes... Then come on here and talk like you know what would happen.
First off, I didn't say it would do nothing. Obviously filling you box half full of foam would change things, as even the most porous foam takes up some volume. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif The question is how much. How would you measure it? A solid object (that didn't rely on air to create its volume) would still work better, that was all I was saying. No need for hostility.

req, Ive used that foam. Actually I have some in my blazer right now that I used to help stiffen the roof ribs. I just went out and looked at it (as its been cured for about 6 months now), and you are right, it did create a skin around it. Still, I wonder how air tight it would be around its surface, and if it would be rigid enough under the pressures inside the box. I dont know, maybe it would work better than it seems to me. I guess if nothing else if it was a problem you could apply a thin layer of resin over it to seal it and keep it rigid.

But yeah, the new box would be the best bet. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

seeeeeeeee //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

anywho, he can just fill up a soda bottle (1L) with it or somthing, and put the bottles in with some duct tape for testing purposes... and see how it effects his sound. and when he finds out what he likes the most, then he can build a box that size.

this is just for testing purposes and not meant for a permanent box. this saves him the trouble of building a small box to find out he dosnt have enough power to make it thump like he wanted. ya know?

just test it out with some soda bottles (pressureized with soda and a cap) and secure them down so they dont rattle (wrap with a piece of bubblewrap and duct tape down maybe?) until it sounds the best. then build that size box.

just throw anything in there that you KNOW the volume of, and keep adding stuff until it sounds like you want it to. if you get my meaning.

I gallon milk jugs glue gunned down, keep away from walls of enclosure. Balsa is a good idea as well. This is a good way to test before you go making a new box.....it is no more ghetto that having an uncarpeted enclosure with wires running out of the port.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

adammk5

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
adammk5
Houston, TX
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date