why the ****

same thing happens with my MX3000.1 there is no way I can fit 0GA in there with out cutting off a little bit

and FYI to those that say twist it...that actually makes the wire bigger, just LOOKS smaller.. best way is to tape it off, and leave about 1/2" of wire sticking out, but make sure you tape it as tight as possible

same thing happens with my MX3000.1 there is no way I can fit 0GA in there with out cutting off a little bit
and FYI to those that say twist it...that actually makes the wire bigger, just LOOKS smaller.. best way is to tape it off, and leave about 1/2" of wire sticking out, but make sure you tape it as tight as possible
wut:confused:

im pretty sure you are RETARDED

if you take a 0ga. wire, and measure it on a fresh cut,(the diameter of the actual wire) WITHOUT the wire stripped yet, and measure it... that is the smallest diameter the wire could possibly get... twisting it just makes the wire so there are no loose strands sticking out... thats why if you strip it back like 1", then tape the first 1/2", it works better (anyone know what im trying to say)

Please do. I had trouble getting the Knu KLMX into my buddy's MRP-M1000 and even Knu's own fuse holder included with the kit. Went through 3 ring terminals too dammit. It's pretty thick...

aight... imageshack changed since last time I used it..

If you measure the diameter of the wire at the tip here, it will be larger than the next pic, whether the wire is stripped or not doesnt matter, because as I stated earlier, you would tape the untwisted wire to replicate the shielding

this is going to be smaller because the wire strands are arranged better.... same reason why if the tip of a wire is freyed, you just cut it and make it fresh...

I just put 3 Crunch Powerzone 1800.4s and a 1100.2 in my van last week, and 8ga SoundQuest wouldnt even fit in the terminals. I needed to put on some TINY spade terminals and then trim those down so they fit.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

taintedplay

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
taintedplay
dallas
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date