why my rl-p doesnt ****

MrSwiss
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
detroit
im sure u guys can recall a cpl posts about how my rl-p was underporforming, and how my amp was overheating cuz i had to have the gain ALL the way up to get any response from the sub.

so i realized i had a jank rca going into my amp, move it, and the sub got louder. today i decided to take a closer look, the ground was torn and pretty much fondling the power(inside of the rca head). so of course i seperated them and cleaned it up and what a difference!!! now i have to play my amp at less than 1/4th gain. on top of that its even louder than when i had my amp pretty much maxed out WITH bass boost on, AND it doesnt overheat anymore! so io guess the ground touching the power was cancelling the signal, but since my amp was all the way up, it was still producing max power, but it just wasnt being used. and now that the true power signal is being sent properly, i can turn it way back down.

this is what initially had me a little depressed about my rl-p. on my old 1200w amp and my 2 pyramid 15's (i got them for xmas back off), i had my amp all the way down and it was louder than my rl-p with my new 1600w amp all the way up! i knew for a fact it wasnt the rl-p, but it just ****** that it wasnt working like i thought it would. but now of course its performing louder than my last setup AND its the cleanest bass ive think ive ever heard. infact i think i might start saving up for the rl-s XD

this is one of those things u think about when u cant sleep =D

So they are coming out with two new lines of subs? RL-s and LMT? and they will come out in what, two years or what? haha

edit: ok, the LMT is the motor the rl-s will have?

did anyone even see my post up there?

here it is one more time.

thats exactly what it is... is an LMT woofer made by SoundSplinter/TC Sounds.http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=2748

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=3129 (has some pics too!)

sheesh... it's like i dont even exist. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

ah welll //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

mmmmmmmm rl-s.... 38 mm xmax with what is stacking up to be a near bottomless design //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

too bad I am selling everything and am about to be broke //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

MrSwiss

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
MrSwiss
detroit
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date