Why are L7's

The sub that i read the most about ? and the sub that the majority here have.Is it the price ?

the pontential of it ?

The looks ?

What is it guys that make them so popular ?
havent seen the hype r thread, ay //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

The sub that i read the most about ? and the sub that the majority here have.Is it the price ?

the pontential of it ?

The looks ?

What is it guys that make them so popular ?
Search!! Since there is a billion threads about them, then im sure you can find what your looking for;)

Its a good sub that is easily obtainable. Kicker has tons of dealers, and of course its available online.

People had good results with them, so word spread.

Not unlike lots of other subs. I wouldnt say its the sub that the "majority" of people on the forum have, though.

He didnt mention that majority of people on the forum had. He's reffering to people in his area. And it's like zach said. Kicker is widespread and has companies everywhere. For example, if you go to the nearest car dealer there's about 60% chance they sell kicker.

yeah kicker is everywhere. mostly because kids like loud. they got no sq what soever(to my ear anyways) but they get nice and loud. matter of fact the loudest system i've heard was a dual 12l7 setup(6.5ct for both) in a hatch integra. store owners car. said it would do close to 150, it was so loud it made my stereo(130+dbs) sound like factory. but it sounded like a$$.

yeah kicker is everywhere. mostly because kids like loud. they got no sq what soever(to my ear anyways) but they get nice and loud. matter of fact the loudest system i've heard was a dual 12l7 setup(6.5ct for both) in a hatch integra. store owners car. said it would do close to 150, it was so loud it made my stereo(130+dbs) sound like factory. but it sounded like a$$.

Haven't heard them in a good box then...because contrary to popular belief L7's can sound quite good....And this is comming from someone with SoundSplinter RL-ps one of the best SQL subs out there right now.

Dude you don't know too much about Kicker to say they have no SQ. Yes they are insanly loud but with the right install there SQ is way underated. No there not the best but for the price and sound. They Kick Azz.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I just switched from a 12xxx to a 10l7, I was expecting alot less output and sq than the xxx, but its not too far off suprisingly. One thing I did do though, was have the xxx in a smaller than ideal ported box, while the l7 is basically in the same spec box w\ a smaller port and little higher tuning. Doesnt destory the lows like the xxx, but it sounds pretty **** good.

like said before, kicker is easy to find anywhere. lil ricer kids just want their "**** to pound" and kicker is reputable for spl. this one kid back at votech ( 4 years ago) had a nice ass camaro with 2 L7's (can't remember whether they were 12's or 15's). his **** was the loudest ****ing thing i've EVER heard. of course it'd drown out his speakers soo bad every time they hit. but given right enclosure, they're sq can be really appreciated (especially with the 06 models) //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

i like the way they sound

never heard the 8's or the 10's, but the 12's are prob. the most 'raw' sounding speaker in it's pricerange, it gets loud to the point of sounding 'mechanical,' doesn't even sound like a tone anymore, just a ridiculous noise machine at full tilt, it's a really distinct sound. And the 15's wang LOW, good subs for the money, and they CAN sound good, the 06's sound pretty **** good in fact.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

SWEET06CAMRY

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
SWEET06CAMRY
SANTA ANA CALIFORNIA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date