who knows about rims???

zachzchw
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
ohio
My sisters boyfriend has a set of Dayton 20"s (144 spoke knockoffs, chrome) he wants to sell me for $600.....they have tires on them, Yokohamas (sp?).....question is, do I need different tires, or is there anything special I have to do since they will be going on an SUV?

man spokes are a cheap way to get big rims, I would get them, especially wt tires, you can sell the rims and keep the tires for any other pair of rims you want.

600$ is a dam good price for rims+tires

if they are actually daytons, thats a hell of a deal, if they came off a car your going to need to up to some 40-45 series tires depending on what size suv you have

plus, the rims might not be reveresed, if they are standards dont get them, you suv will be sittin funny

so basidly if they have a fat lip on them they are problably good to go, you just may need to buy diff adapters

if they are actually daytons, thats a hell of a deal, if they came off a car your going to need to up to some 40-45 series tires depending on what size suv you haveplus, the rims might not be reveresed, if they are standards dont get them, you suv will be sittin funny

so basidly if they have a fat lip on them they are problably good to go, you just may need to buy diff adapters

Not sure what you mean by 40-45 series tires.....Ill get the exact model number of the rims and tires, gonna go to a rim shop on monday to see what they say...

All Id be buying is the rims and tires, what else do I need? I know I need some sort of adapters, but Im not sure what the exact term I should search for is, if its adapters, or spacers, or what.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

zachzchw

5,000+ posts
CarAudio.com Veteran
zachzchw
ohio
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date