which will bump loudest

skatenc
10+ year member

nc
ok my friend is doubting the magnums and im trying to convince him.. which will hit harder?

1 15" magnum or 2 12" HX2s.

mine is in the ported box that loneranger posted plans for and his is just in a sealed box.. how much louder will mine be

How much power will be running on the HX2s? Power HX2s or Punch HX2s? The Magnum 15"s will hit 150db with the right recipe. I had 2 10" Punch HX2s on a sealed box getting only 200 watts of continuous power each, but they can walk and spit on my 10" W7 on a JL 500/1 when it comes to SPL.

ok my friend is doubting the magnums and im trying to convince him.. which will hit harder?
1 15" magnum or 2 12" HX2s.

mine is in the ported box that loneranger posted plans for and his is just in a sealed box.. how much louder will mine be

HE WANTS TO KNOW BETWEEN THESE TWO.....

If those are power HX2's then those would hit harder. But if you want some sort of SQ the Magnum is infinately better in that area....

150 on what mic?...

I like eleventy hundred.

If you want the d2 to get really loud you'll probably want to put it in a bigger box tuned a little higher. The box you've got it in now is essentially a sound quality box and while it will definitely get loud it probably wont get "competition" loud. As far as either one getting louder it's really dependent on about 9 million factors. Everything being absolutely equal you could probably figure it out by sub efficiencies. Otherwise you'll just have to have em metered.

I had two HE2s and they got pretty loud for being sealed with 400 watts going to each. But I know a 15" XXX and maybe 15" D2 could out displace the the HE2s; hense why I'm getting rid of them =). You did the right thing.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

skatenc

10+ year member
skatenc
nc
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from